Questions.....can anyone help (children mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions.....can anyone help (children mentioned) Questions.....can anyone help (children mentioned)

Unread 02-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Questions.....can anyone help (children mentioned)

I am 3wks post op, and am going out of my mind....things have been going pretty good, minus not being able to attend kids sporting functions. I have had no bleeding or spotting until yesterday. I am feeling more tired and sore than right after surgery, and I can not pin point why. Trying to follow dr orders to a tee, but when it comes to going to appts, I'm kinda on my own. I have to travel anywhere fr 45km-80km, and it just takes so much out of me. Right now, my children r staying with there dad, because I can't travel the 1/2 hr to school every morning, and I miss them so very much. I want to heal as quick as possible, and get back to my life, but I keep hitting roadblocks. With another surgery possibly looming, which could keep me off my feet for another 6-12 mths, I just can't see the silver lining. My surgeon is now on holidays, and I don't c her until the 3rd of Apr.....worried that I may of popped some stitches, don't know what to do....pain meds aren't keeping me comfortable, and I have severe insomnia....sleeping pills don't even cut it. Not sure how long I can go with only 2hrs sleep at a time. Not really good to anyone right now, but I thank god each and evey day that my live in bf is still by my side, and hasn't walked away.....it's been extremly stessful on him, and I can appreciate that. I do however feel very selfish at times. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can keep my pain at a comfortable level before I go out of my mind? I apologize in advance for rambling on, I just have no one to talk to with regards to all of this.....as none of my family or gf's have been thru it. As well, ty for any advice you may be able to give.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2007, 03:37 PM

Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. Certainly your surgeon must have someone on call that you could be seen by.

By now, you really shouldn't be in that much pain unless you're overdoing it. Other than trying to get more help for yourself, and see the doctor who is taking over for yours, I really don't know what to suggest.

Hope you feel better soon and try to get some rest.
Unread 02-26-2007, 03:45 PM

I honestly found week three to be the hardest week as well as when I felt the worst. I think your mind feels like it has been long enough so you start doing "little" things and then your body rebels. I spent Thur and Fri of week three in bed which I had not done since the end of week 1.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2007, 03:59 PM

I am three weeks post-op too.
I have have not had any bleeding whatsoever so far, but remember the internal stitches when they dissolve, can cause spotting/bleeding. However, a call to the doctors rooms will put your mind at ease.
We are renovating, so I had to do the carpet and tile shops yesterday with DH as driver. We were out for over three hours, and I think that I overdid it, as it was the first time, other than two doc visits, that I had been out. Came home with a "heavy belly", but I can't sleep during the day either. So relaxed with a crossword puzzle and a coffee......
We owe it to ourselves with this post-op period to take it slow and easy to heal as quickly as possible.
My thoughts are with you.
Unread 02-26-2007, 05:20 PM

I thank you all for your positive out looks and your warm words....I too have had a "heavy belly" and even a swollen belly, but some days are definatly better than others. I think I just have to remember that even though I can't see my incision that it's still there, and That I do have many stitches to worry about. Just having a hard time going from doing eveything, to doing nothing. I just wish that bf was home every so often, but I need to realize that he is just a phone call away, and can be home in 15min if I need him. Kinda have to rely on his income....I guess one of us has to work. One question though.......why don't I want to be touched????? I feel so dirty some days....is it all in my head?
Unread 02-27-2007, 02:33 PM

My week three was bad. The worst I think. I had an issue with every one hugging me. I wanted a protective fortress around me. The huge incision I have just freaked me out. I am small only 5 ft my husband is 6ft5. He was so scared. He slept on the couch for at least 3 weeks. He was so afraid he was going to roll over on me or hit me during the night. That has all passed now. I feel so good I want to hug strangers Dont expect too much too soon and over do it. That takes an emoional toll. I have to still remind my self to slow down, its not worth getting set back a week or so. Rest, relax, take advantage of the down time and I bet you will feel like your self soon. Try not to be discouraged right now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register