problems after ablation (help) - Page 3 | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

problems after ablation (help) problems after ablation (help)

Unread 04-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Ablation

About a year after ablation bleeding came back, then pain, really bad pain. After CT scan and being told I had irritatal (sp) bowel syndrome I went back to by GYN Md. I have had constant problems with cyst on ovaries and pain with periods but when you take three days a month from your life it started to take its toll. I live in Southern Ill and have a great md.
To be honest I could not take the pain anymore. After he said he could do everything through the vagina, I did it. Thirty days after that initial appt. Yes I had reservations and was scared to death. They did take my ovaries too I am 48 and decided it was for the best. I am on a very low estrogen patch, no night sweats or hot flashes.
My surgery went well minimal bleeding, pain for two days however took Darvocet for that. Went to the bathroom on my own about 3 hours after surgery. stayed in hospital for two days.
Everyone is different, I am very happy and wish you the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2008, 08:23 PM
problems after ablation (help)

I had an ablation in 2006. About a month after I did not have a period, but the pain was so unbearable. I agree it was worse than labor. I can remember being in the car on a road trip in so much pain. And I kept asking my husband, what in the world is going on I was in agony. So I ended up getting a LASH. The doc took out my uterus and one ovary. Now 2yrs later going back in for open procedure to take out L ovary and possible lysis of adhesions, due to chronic pelvic pain. I hope this is the end of surgeries for me
Unread 04-27-2008, 08:35 PM

Brialjt- Wish you the best of luck! Hopefully this will change your life for the better As I said "why did I wait so long?"
Keep in touch, I'd like to hear the cause of your pain was. They found fluid in my tubes. Others that have had the ablation found the same tubal fluid. This caused the tubes to become enlarged and moves your internal organs. Hopefully removing what is left will lead to a new life for you as well. KEEP IN TOUCH. I am really curious.
Unread 04-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Girls your info is a blessing

I am learning so much. There was a time I thought I was going crazy. I knew the ablation had done damage but I did not know exactly what. The pain was so frustrating and I could not get my Doc to really tell me exactly what was causing the pain. Know I know it is several different factors.Does anyone know what organs are bothered when the tubes enlarge. I went through one cycle on taz and did not have a period and very minimal discomfort. I use the word discomfort because I am use to severe pain. Canceled the hyster on the 29th of April and praying the pills will keep working. Scared if I get the hyster I will still have scaring or other problems and have to get more surgery. I am glad for the hyster has worked well for most of my new friends. I just have not found my peace with it yet.
Take care
Will be thinking about my friends
Loveshorses in sc
Unread 04-28-2008, 02:20 PM

It's so amazing to see just how many people have had problems post ablation. I don't know how we can get the word out that we are not crazy and we are not the only ones our doctors have heard of with this problem. I don't want to start an uprising or anything but it seems with the amount of research that I've done that this is a pretty common thing.
I know I've started to be more vocal with my female friends who are considering both tubals or ablations and am telling them to do their research. I did research but I didn't look in the right places.
I'm not sorry I had the ablation, my bleeding is far less and I only pack one extra set of clothes when I leave the house now. However I didn't have much cramping and definitely didn't have this kind of pain pre- ablation. I knew it was an option to try and keep my uterus. I just wish I knew more about the complications so I wouldn't have spent months trying to figure out why the monthly visits to the ER for pain meds.

I'm also very happy to hear of those whose lives have improved since their visit to the castle. It's very reassuring to know that there is life (hopefully pain free life) after all of this.

Thanks to whoever started this topic. I'm sure it has helped many.
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:13 PM

oh by the way, my doctor in daytona beach, fl Dr. Christopher Stanley
was very familiar with the problem, he called it ablation syndrome, and he did my hysterectomy about 2 months later, he did not make me suffer

Also I know of some patients who have to take Vicoprofen during that time to ease the pain, which is a narcotic mixed with ibuprofen. Until they decide whether or not hysterectomy is what they want to do

hope this helps
Unread 06-26-2008, 11:50 AM

I Had The Ablation On Feb.27th 2008 And Started Even Though I Had It Done I Kept Having Heavy Bleeding I Am Scheduled For A Hysterectomy On July 15th 2008.i Am Looking Forward To Hopefully Getting Better.
Unread 06-26-2008, 03:52 PM

I just wanted to give you an update. I am now nearly 8 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling well. I have not had a recurrence of my previous pain. I have had some other weird pains but they seem to resolve themselves in time. I am still very sore as though I am bruised still but otherwise I feel sooo much better. I got my pathology back and it showed that I had a swollen and dilated tube, multiple cysts on my left ovary and adenomyosis. PTL. I am not nuts.
I feel I definitely made the right decision and even though my doctor had never heard of any of these things, she now knows they exist. Even if I went through all those months of pain to help one other person it was worth it. Now my gyn will know better when someone comes to her with problems after an ablation.
Keep smilin all and good luck with your hysterectomy on the 15th. I'll keep you in my prayers

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register