Scheduled for surgery at the end of June | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled for surgery at the end of June Scheduled for surgery at the end of June

Unread 05-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Scheduled for surgery at the end of June

Hello All,

I am a new member here and am seeking support for my fears and health struggles through a very hard time. I am scheduled to have a partial hysterectomy in June because for 4 straight years I have had nothing but pain and more pain since my c section and tubal in 2007. Immediately after my surgery, I had pain and found out I had a blood clot in my right ovarin vein which was connected to my Inferior Vena Cava! (Main blood supply) I had to be on several months of anticoag therapy and had awful pain but no one believed me about the pain. I had constant cysts and heavy periods that soaked pads every hour or so and horrible body aches with it. I had constant hormone imbalances and severe moods swings with it too. It was hell. Doctor afer doctor,I was told I was crazy or had fibromyalgia but I knew it wasn't it at all. I had no symptoms of fibro and no trigger points either! The tubal really messed up my hormones as the blood flow to my ovaries was less than before. In this time,I develpoed horrible back pain and limited movement. I was so stiff in my lower back and it burned and pulled when I bent or twisted. All of this was immediately after my surgery and just got worse as the yars went on. Every month duringovulation, I would have excruciating pain in my right ovary sending me to the ER on several ocassions with no answers. Finally in December I had even worse pan which was very similar to childbirth. Squeezing cramps from down low to my upper abdomen. Always came on with ovulation. I was just diagnosed with a 4.5 cm complex hemorrhagic cyst on my right ovary. I will be havin another ultrasound on June 1st to measure it and see if it has changed at all. Today I saw my doctor and she said she would like to remove it and biopsy it as it sounds most definitely like severe endometriosis to her. She mentioned that while she looked, she would just remove the uterus as well since I hardly ever have any time NOT in pain. I am phobic of surgery to begin with but I also recently found out I have a MTHFR deficiency which makes me prone to clotting. I am on B6 and B12 to help with it, but it will have to be treatedwith Lovenox before and after surgery for a few weeks. Doesn't sound bad but there is a risk of bleeding with it. I am terrified but I see my hematologist soon to discuessour plan for surgery. I guess I will be having a laprascope or hopefully even a Davincci, not sure yet...but I am so afraid. This is a big surgery and it's never fun to do it. I am hoping for anyone's experiences and advice! Any help would be great. Surgery is something I hoped to avoid but it looks like it has to happen. Thanks for listening to my long post! Hugs!

CareyAnn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Re: Scheduled for surgery at the end of June

Sorry you've been suffering for so long...but it sounds like the end is in sight for you! Do know that there are so many here that have been through what you've been through...and no matter how wonky you think your situation is, you are not alone.
Unread 05-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Scheduled for surgery at the end of June

Thank you so much. It does feel like we are the only ones suffering when we have never experience such a thing. The unknown is a scary place but it IS good to know I have people who totally understand and share my pain. I am so glad I found this website. What a great place

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register