Was told to start lupron shots today - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Was told to start lupron shots today Was told to start lupron shots today

Unread 03-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Was told to start lupron shots today

I am not familair with the procedure you mentioned? what is it?? I am on Lupron Depot for three months once a month. I feel fine , they are taking blood very other day and it is slowly rising, I am praying tomorrow it will be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 05:27 PM

the lupron he told me was to STOP.my periods so my iron can build up..otherwise i would need to be transfused with any procedure..so the idea is to stop the bleeding,hopefuuly shrink down the uterus a little bit than to have the ablation done..thermachoice is just a certain form of an ablation..which is pretty much burning off the lining of the uterus or the muscle wall..therefore slowing down the bleeding each cycell,hopefully it will work, he told me it does in 80-85 percent of cases. look up thermachoice ablation..you will read every detail of it..
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:17 AM

dinko 3-
I had one period and then my period has stopped. That period heavy, painful but short.

I get my 4th injection this week. So far, so good. Not sure what my options are going to be after the Lupron...I go to the Dr this weds.

Remember every woman is different on this drug. I hope you do great and get some relief.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 07:38 AM

Thanks reyne
Unread 06-21-2008, 06:01 PM

Hello
I was in the same situation, very low hemoglobin, very heavy period lasting 10 to 12 days, I have been on Lupron for 3months, the shaving and ablation that I was suppose to have has been cancelled my doctor feels , it will problay not be a success, that I need to have a hysterectomy, I am very scared, now after having an MRI of my Pelvis they have something that they are not sure what it is, I have been been on lupron that can affect everything, so now they must biospy thespot and then decide how to appraoch the hytersrectomy, I am 40, married 2 wonderfull children and husband, but I AM VERY SCARED!!!now on the top of everything else I have another area of concern.....I am praying that it too is submousical fibroids., my hemo has gone up from 4.5 to 11.5 ..................

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register