Need advice about LSH - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need advice about LSH Need advice about LSH

Unread 06-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Need advice about LSH

Hi Bambi2,

I also had a LSH and it is still one of the best things I ever did for my long term health.

My two fibroids measured 9.1 cm total at the time of my LSH. My younger sister had a LSH last year for fibroids also...and her fibroids were larger than mine at the time of her LSH.

As ladies have shared, the recovery time from a LSH can be shorter. I had two small hip incisions and a belly button incision after surgery. Today...I only have a tiny scar from my left hip incision.

With my LSH, I went back to work at 2 weeks and I got a greenlight for sex and the gym at 6 weeks.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Need advice about LSH

This totally sounds like the way to go. I have a scary question though. They do pathology on those pieces they suck out. Did your dr. address what if they found bad results incidentally in the pathology? I'm assuming there is no way to test in advance what is in the fibroid (though I know the % is very, very small, it still does happen that some have cancer cells).

My sister had a TAH (I'm sure all that was offered smaller town) a few years ago for horrific bleeding and fibroids. They did prescreening biopsies of uterus and saw no cancer cells. Once removed pathology came back with stage 1 uterine cancer. They did not suspect at all.
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Need advice about LSH

Spunky, I'm getting confused who all I've talked to Did you tell me who your doctor was?

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register