Sept 10 is coming fast - HELP | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sept 10 is coming fast - HELP Sept 10 is coming fast - HELP

Unread 08-21-2001, 02:57 PM
Sept 10 is coming fast - HELP

I am new to this website, however, from what I have read am very greatful that people are out there with the same questions, concerns and problems that I have. I also ordered the HysterSisters guide book.

I am due to have a TAH on Sept. 10. My pre-ob visit is Aug. 27. I've gone over the questions that you raise to ask the dr., however, are there any addition ones??? I am VERY nervous about the procedure and especially life afterwards (recovery).

I am 33 yrs. old w/ endo and varicous (sp?) veins on the ligaments of my uterus (which was diagnosed in April, 2001). The dr. is going to try and leave the overies. Additionally, I have a bladder that does not want to work after any kind of surgical procedure (cathater for 7 days after my laproscopy).

PLEASE ANYONE with info. that could help me know what to expect before, during and after would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2001, 03:15 PM

Just giving you a gentle "bump" up the line so others can help you. I haven't had mine yet but I am in Sept too!
I am 37, and you aren't alone with the catheter thing if that helps!
Be praying for you!
Love and Hugs!
Peanut
Unread 08-21-2001, 03:42 PM
Great News

Congrats on your surgery date!!

I know what I am having(SAH/BSO) but I don't have a date yet because I need to see a urologist first. If you want to read more about bladder problems, try a search. I don't know much about it yet, but I suspect I will find out soon enough. My appt. with the urol. is next week. I am hoping for late September or early Oct. for the surgery.

I am 37 and, like you, have endo. I can't wait until it is all over!!

Good Luck!! Keep us posted!!

P.S. The Book is great! I just finished it earlier today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2001, 05:34 PM

Thanks ladies! I appreciated the search idea and knowing you're out there. I'm so new to this website and can't seem to figure out what to do or how to do it. :eyes:

Please keep your ideas and suggestions coming. I don't have any friends who know about this subject. So it's nice to talk to someone about it.
Unread 08-21-2001, 06:12 PM

Hi Wen and welcome!

To do a search on any topic, look for the little purple button at the top of each page. Then enter your topic, and it will turn up threads with your topic.

A good place to do some reading here is on our home page...scroll to the bottom section until you see the Pull Down Menus. You can find great lists, stories from other sisters, and lots of helpful info for preparing yourself, your family and your home for surgery and recovery.

And please stop by chat any evening...go to the menu at the top right of the page, look for "chat", and follow the simple directions. Lots of great ladies in there who are in the same boat as you are!!!

So glad you found us...keep reading and posting and we'll all be here to help you.

Karen
Unread 08-23-2001, 06:54 PM

Hi Wen and welcome. I am having a TAH two days after you on the 12th. I have prolapse so I am looking forward not have something hanging out of me anymore. There are lots of us scheduled for Sept. There is 6 count em 6 pages of posts for Sept sisters! Click on the post that says Looking for Sept. sisters or is it too early?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register