Oral thrush | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Oral thrush

What is oral thrush like? Everything tastes funny to me, and I feel like I have morning mouth all the time. My tongue feels like I need to scrape it off, and it constantly tastes like morning breath x10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Re: Uterus connected to my taste buds!

its a yeast infection in your mouth. Everytime my hormones/immune system take a hit i get it. Everything tastes like crap..white tongue morning breath 24/7 I have a rx for duflucan. I am going to pick up shortly. Starts working in a few days...this is my 4th time getting this....i know all the sympton...
Unread 04-24-2009, 03:22 PM

Yep, diagnosed with oral thrush today. Good grief!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endendo777 View Post
Yep, diagnosed with oral thrush today. Good grief!!
welcome to the club! I also have celiac disease which is an allergy to wheat/rye/barley so I eat differently from everyone..I thought I had IBS but i didn't!
Unread 04-24-2009, 04:11 PM

Thank you....are you taking HRT....of any kind?
Unread 04-24-2009, 04:34 PM

This oral thrush, could it turn into blisters all over the tongue and mouth?

I've had it before, but it has been awhile. I thought this was possibly what I was dealing with when the sore throat from the hospital got worse and covered in white stuff, then spread around my gums and on my tongue. But now, I don't remember if it ever blistered up like this.

They tested me for strep throat, but I haven't gotten the culture results yet. I don't think its strep cause, well, I've had that too many times to not know exactly when I've gotten it. LOL And now, my throat is fine, but my mouth is full of blisters and hurts like nothing else! They have me on amoxicilian, but have no clue yet if its helping cause it seems to be a little worse every day.
Unread 04-24-2009, 04:41 PM

wow sis, i am praying for you. You need to harrass your doctor for some quick answers
Unread 04-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Re: Oral thrush

Yep, blisters can go with thrush. Not fun.
Unread 04-24-2009, 06:31 PM

Yes blisters,cottage cheese looking tongue and throat..bad taste, even my nose is sensitive to certain odors..no I am not on a HRT,,I do take tamoxifan for my breast cancer and I am not allowed to take HRT with my history. Wow, I am glad everyone has seen a dr for this "oral thrush"
Unread 04-24-2009, 11:36 PM

I don't have the white film anymore. Haven't since Tuesday morning when it was so bad and so thick that I was puking. It was actually yellow, and not white that morning, and I could scrape it off my tongue. That's when the blisters started showing up in my mouth as well. The Doctor seemed to think it was Strep throat, but I don't think it is. Didn't hear back from the Dr today with the culture results, which frustrates me to no end. (also was supose to let me know if I had a bladder infection) I'm basically keeping my mouth moist with water and tea (it dries very quickly and that hurts even more), and taking the amoxicilian just in case. I don't know if it is thrush or something else. All I know is it is driving me crazy and I wish it would get better all ready. I should have just made an appointment with my Primary Dr instead of relying on the Gyn. thats my plan for monday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register