Did anyone else over do the 4th??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone else over do the 4th??? Did anyone else over do the 4th???

Unread 07-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Did anyone else over do the 4th???

Boy I did. DH and DS2 took off to the flea market and left DD6 and me to clean the house and cook for the cook out we were having that afternoon. Yea I know what you're thinking, WTH are you doing having a cook out 10 days post op...well I thought "if I have it here then I dont have to go anywhere and I can lounge around here and not do too much" Boy was I wrong. DH left early and I woke up at like 9am and me and DD6 started cleaning the house. I cleaned my kitchen and living room and bathroom and she cleaned her bedroom.....then I started making chili and other fixins for the cookout. before I knew it It was almost noon so I showered and by the time i got out, my parents and aunt were here. So naturally, my RN MOTHER starts nagging on me.....WHAT were you thinking??? Ma, had to get done some how.....she goes into the whole spill of we dont care what it looks like blah blah blah....but anyhoo, I done way too much and I hurt all night long. Then Sunday I felt like a bus hit me, backed up and hit me again, then hit me again.....so I slept from like 9am to noon and got up. THEN DH got a cold and took my bed (my chair...LOL) so he could breath and I had the worst night ever......(I told him to take my chair so he could breath). So here I am at 3pm woosy from the pain meds with the kids out side playing....hopefully nothing bad will happen between now and 4:30pm when DH gets home.....Im lucky though, my uncle lives beside me so if something does go wrong, hes there.....now that Ive rambled cause of my meds.....I hope everyone is doing better and Im sending out hugs!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Re: Did anyone else over do the 4th???

Now get some more rest and pamper yourself!
Unread 07-06-2009, 09:45 PM

I hope you're feeling better now...I overdid it too this weekend (and again today while taking the kids to a movie)...it's so hard to rest when you have little ones and a family to care for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hess View Post
I hope you're feeling better now...I overdid it too this weekend (and again today while taking the kids to a movie)...it's so hard to rest when you have little ones and a family to care for.
Oh I completely agree with you. I am feeling better now. My Microwave went out on saturday and my DH wanted help taking it down today. (its one of those over the range types) No i didnt lift or hold or carry it, I just used a drill to loosen the screw and I hurt myself again.....im so thankful that my in laws are coming tomorrow to take my kids swimming.....i'll get some rest. OH and on top of that, today my pain meds started making me sick to my stomach.....(percocets) Go figure.....

I hope you all are doing better....
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:28 PM

I wish I still had some narcotics for the pain, when I overdo it...but, I stupidly thought the Tylenol III would be fine - I've never been one to take pain killers, but my pain tolerance must have gone wayyy down recently (or maybe it's the A&P repairs causing my extra discomfort).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register