Friday's My Big Day! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Friday's My Big Day! Friday's My Big Day!

Unread 02-21-2001, 11:37 AM
Friday's My Big Day!

Tomorrow I get the check in time from the hospital and also have to do the pre-op stuff, like the icky Fleet drink and the bikini shave at home! I've gotten everything ready and thanks to this site have added a few more things to my bag that I never would have thought of like chap-stick, cross-word book, walkman etc . I'm also taking a nice warm shawl I crochected and some warm sox, I always get cold feet and I know how freezing they keep operating rooms, hopefully they will let me keep my sox on! My surgeon says he will decide if I keep my ovaries once he gets a look inside. I sure hope I do, because I haven't begun menopause yet and I don't want to get hit with it all at once. I'm also keeping my funky red toe-nail polish on. They said to take my finger polish off but didn't say anything about toe-nails so I'm going to leave it on. They said if I do well I'll be home by Monday
so I hope so because I hate hospitals, the noise, the smells, etc. Also the food isn't exactly written up in Gourmet Magazines. So my best wishes to all you ladies in waiting and I'll let you know how it goes once I get back home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2001, 11:41 AM
Friday's My Big Day!

HI there! Well you seem like you're ready to go. The toenail polish is fine. And it's fine to wear your sox, too. I always have gone into the OR, with sox on. I hate when my feet get cold! Good Luck, let us know how you did. Roz
Unread 02-21-2001, 11:43 AM
Friday's My Big Day!

You go girl! Hey, they put some warm socks on me (I had my own) they didn't come off until I took them off and put on my own! So maybe you can make a deal and keep them on...

I am excited for you, I have had 3 1/2 weeks to recover and still remember the butterflies so well, but it will be behind you soon.

Get that computer moved to your bedroom, you won't regret it. It has been a lifesaver...

God bless you,
Queena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2001, 11:55 AM
Friday's My Big Day!

Thanks for all your well wishes. Glad I can keep my sox on, sort of a creature comfort thing with me. The computer is very close to my bedroom in the family room so I'll be able to get back to you all when I get home and am settled in.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register