Finishing touches to vagina | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finishing touches to vagina Finishing touches to vagina

Unread 05-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Finishing touches to vagina

Not sure how to word this. . . after four vaginal child births and the upcoming LAVH, anterior repair, and sling...is there a bit of an episiotomy done for the surgery? If so, or even if not, is it possible for the doctor to close up the vaginal opening a touch more, just like they have been known to do after a vaginal delivery? I feel that with the stuff my body has gone through, it needs it....I was hoping it would improve or aid in improved sexual intercourse. I am not looking for a miraculous sex life (have a great one as it is), just want to have more feeling. Is that too much for a 43-year-old woman to ask? Trying to find the right words to ask my doctor before hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2008, 05:26 PM

I would just put it on your list of pre-op questions. It would seem to be something which could be performed if you request it, but probably would not be done "automatically."

to you. Let us know what the doctor says, OK?
Unread 05-25-2008, 10:14 PM

my doc asked at one of my consults if that was something i thought i might need ... she also asked about incontinence, prolapsing, and many other things i don't have but much easier to fix at the same time ... your pre-op will most likely be sometime next week ... i would definitely bring it up then, if the doc doesn't, because you are probably not going to want to go back into surgery just to have a nip/tuck 'there' ... LOL (and don't worry about 'finding the right words' - there is nothing you could say that will surprise him!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2008, 09:08 AM

Hi there,
It's a good idea to ask. I agree that puting the question on your list of other questions is also a good idea. I bet the doc won't even blink. Mine just came right out and offered it and you bet I accepted!
Unread 05-26-2008, 11:18 AM

I better make a phone call later this week, as I had my "preop" 3 weeks ago and the only thing left is to go pick up my orders (don't see doc at that time). The questions have come since my visit. I do have a list made ;-)

Thanks friends!
Unread 05-26-2008, 04:32 PM

I had a VH on 5/14 and a posterior repair for a prolapsed rectum. This essentially is a "vagina tuck". My doctor said that the size of my vagina was reduced because she removed a diamond shaped piece of it and sutured it up, kind of like a dart in a dress. She did this to get access to the muscles underneath the vagina, which she also "tucked", to support my rectum. I am 12 days post op. My vagina feels very different. Before the surgery I could see my cervix simply by placing a mirror between my legs, my prolapse was pretty bad. I had one vaginal delivery 17 years ago (a c-section 24 years ago) so my vagina wasn't in too bad shape until the prolapse. At any rate, right now I have sutures in my vagina that I can see with a mirror, but the rest of it looks totally different than before. My DR said that she made the circumference the size of two fingers, one on top of the other. I think before surgery it was about the size of a small fist!!! Oh, no pain since day 4 or 5, just uncomfortable with prolonged sitting, and itching at the suture sites (usually a sign of healing, so it is good). Good luck to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register