painful period | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

painful period painful period

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:13 PM
painful period

I started having very strong cramps when I felt I was going to have a bowel movements.I started spotting after.I have been taking 800mg of ibroprofen but I still feel feel pain in my pelvic,lowerback,legs and stomach.I am wondering if I have Endo in my rectum or bowel it was painful after I went.I usually feel it worst when I am on my period.I am taking notes to talk to Dr that is doing surgery next month.Im waiting for the exact date.Its the 1st week or second week.When Im like this with all this pain I really feel that Im ready to do this Hysterectomy.I just been dealing with this over a year.I am exausted and feel very drain from this Endo that has taken over my life.This week I really dont have appt to go to.So Im going to stay home and just put heating pad.My legs hurt and I feel lost of circulation?Does anyone feel like this?I elevate my legs when I lay down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Re: painful period

Hi,
Sorry to hear how you are feeling.
I have had 3 laps, and want to get a hysto in October. I have had endo for 11 years.
Out of 11 years, I have never had rectal pain and sharp pains inside my vaginal wall untill this year 2011. It hurst worse after i have a bowel movement and yes I have the same symptoms you get. I feel for you. I was taking over 800 mg of ibu but hardly any relief at all what so ever. I am so bad to the point I am on pain meds. Small dose. MY choice.
I use a heating pad a lot. Sleep with it on every night. And my legs feel the loss of circulation as well. i never did address that part though.
I had my last lap in june 2011. Since then I still have had the sharp pains in vaginal and rectum wall. A emergancy room doc brought up a good point. She said it is probably endo that is inside our anal wall and or vaginal wall. I asked my gyn she said most likely that is whats going on with me and obvioulsy we cannot operate on those parts of the body.

Well hope you feel better. Let us know an update.

Are you gonna go back to gyn? take a hot bath as well.
Unread 09-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Hi Miss Starlett thank you for replying.We have some of the same symptoms.And I also feel I have my pain sitting down.Cant sit for long periods of time.I start with 400mg of ibuprofen then go up to 800.My comfort is the heat pad I lay down n rest.But lately my legs hurt so much.Last week was the decision.I saw two Dr.one is doing surgery for my incontinence (urinary leak problem) and the other Dr that is doing Hysterectomy (da vinci surgery).My uterus is going to right side and causing pain.Also the urogyno says my bladder and uterus have adhesions and the are sticking.So Im waiting for date for two Dr's schedule.It will be in Oct 1st week or second.I will be having my preop with both Dr.I have been keeping a journal on my symptoms to see if it help Dr.find Endo.Im sorry for you too.I dont know if u see my info bottom of message I had a Lap in 2009 they diagnose Endo.I remember starting to have painful periods since I was in HighSchool (20+yrs).Thank u for the tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2011, 04:38 PM

Yes, I did see your stuff about your laps and all.

I was diagnosed with endo at age 19, I am 29 now. I had my first lap at age 20.
I want a hysto as well. I am on lupron depo right now so I can't schedule mine untill end of October. I am counting down the days!!
I hope all goes well for you in your surgery. Keep us all posted.
Yes,we do have a lot of same symptoms.

And Yes!!my comfort as well, my favorite thing to use is my heating pad!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register