Can you use Estrace tablet vaginally? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can you use Estrace tablet vaginally? Can you use Estrace tablet vaginally?

Unread 09-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Re: Can you use Estrace tablet vaginally?

Update: had increased amount of Estrace used lately due to being on antibiotics and feeling a bit low in estrogen, and probably went a little too high. Estradiol bloodwork came back over 400, so will reduce the amount a bit to bring it back down. But honestly, going on how I feel, I'd like to maintain this level. Have dr appt next week so will discuss with her to come up with plan.

Would love to hear how this is working out for others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2009, 10:38 AM

Hi, Calypso. So glad this is working for you. For me, I couldn't get past the stomach upset it caused me. Let's just say by the end of last week I could have had a colonoscopy. Oy!

I'm not entirely surprised because the FemRing did a similar thing for me; just not as bad.

Anyway, otherwise, this was a really good method for me.

So, I'm back to nothing right now and so far doing OK.
Unread 09-02-2009, 02:38 PM

I am still doing well. Still on 1/4 of a pill 4 times a day. No complaints! :O)

Calypso, what was your estrogen level prior to this method?

6andcounting, I am sorry it didn't work out for you. That is so strange that a transdermal method would do that to your stomach! I just can't understand how it could do that. :O(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2009, 02:43 PM

me neither. it's frustrating because otherwise it works great for me.
Unread 09-02-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJen View Post
Calypso, what was your estrogen level prior to this method?
Prior to this method, I did try patches for about a month but felt no different. My estrogen bloodwork level was 35 at that point. But I didn't retest it after the month's worth of patches though I felt they did nothing and previously when I used patches for 5 months, couldn't get my estrogen level out of the low 30s.

So yes, it seems to work exceptionally well for me!!! Perhaps a bit too much.. as I said, after talking to my dr, will figure out if I need to decrease dose.. but happy with the way I feel!
Unread 09-09-2009, 04:44 AM

Hi Calypso. I've been lurking around trying to find answers to my horrific hormone issues. I plodded along for 17 years on 2mg of oral estrace.

I have tried everything I can think of to solve my "lack of balance". I have used pills, creams, gels,troches, and the patch for the last couple of years. I came across this thread and felt excited. I found some old Estrace in the medicine cabinet. I had my razor blade out and began chopping pills up. It's been much more difficult with such a large dose pill, but I have tried this method and I think you sisters may be on to something!!! I of course overdosed myself the first day. I ended up with such a massive migraine I ended up needing Relpax....BUT, I finally felt my aching, twitching, & stiff muscles relax! It's only day 2 but I feel so excited! I feel like this is the first time in the last 6 years that my body has had a good taste of estrogen! My estradiol level has been anywhere between 4 and 60. I would love to know what it is at this moment! I am seeing my Dr in a couple of days so I will request the .5 mg pills.

I wanted to check with you to see if you are still doing well on this. Please keep posting!!
Unread 09-09-2009, 08:43 AM

E2Me2,

That is great!!! I am glad to hear it is working out for you, too! Keep us posted on your progress!!!
Unread 09-09-2009, 09:19 AM

Hi CaJen! Thanks! Hey, I wanted to ask you a couple of questions too. You said that you adjust your dose according to activity level and symptoms. Is anxiety your only indicator when your estrogen is running low?

Also, I was wondering if you had any blood levels taken either? When I was using the 2mg Biest cream my level was only 11 to 12. When I first tried Vivelle Dot .1 I ended up at the ER after about 7 days. I had such chest pressure and anxiety I thought I was having a problem with my heart. I asked them to check my level and it was 69. My Dr lowered my patch to .25. Then my level was 4. Makes me wish so much that I knew what my "normal" level used to be so I had somewhat of a target.

I feel fortunate that I have an extremely open minded Dr. She told me that she didn't mind if I brought some new information for her to look at. She said she didn't know everything (Imagine that!) and that we could learn together.

I want to continue to hear how you're doing as well!!
Unread 09-09-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2Me2 View Post
Hi Calypso. I've been lurking around trying to find answers to my horrific hormone issues. I plodded along for 17 years on 2mg of oral estrace.

I have tried everything I can think of to solve my "lack of balance". I have used pills, creams, gels,troches, and the patch for the last couple of years. I came across this thread and felt excited. I found some old Estrace in the medicine cabinet. I had my razor blade out and began chopping pills up. It's been much more difficult with such a large dose pill, but I have tried this method and I think you sisters may be on to something!!! I of course overdosed myself the first day. I ended up with such a massive migraine I ended up needing Relpax....BUT, I finally felt my aching, twitching, & stiff muscles relax! It's only day 2 but I feel so excited! I feel like this is the first time in the last 6 years that my body has had a good taste of estrogen! My estradiol level has been anywhere between 4 and 60. I would love to know what it is at this moment! I am seeing my Dr in a couple of days so I will request the .5 mg pills.

I wanted to check with you to see if you are still doing well on this. Please keep posting!!
How wonderful that this method is working well for you. Please know that it really does take a while to build up to a comfortable level if you're really low in estrogen (slow and steady...).

I'm still loving this method, have dropped my dose from a total of 0.5mg/daily (split into 2 doses - morning and night) to a total daily of 0.375 - I use 0.25 in a.m. and 0.125 in pm. My estrogen tested quite high (over 400) and my dr wanted me to drop the level a bit. You can see what I posted under thread "my update".

I did notice early on when I tried this initially that I got better results with splitting the dose in 1/2 and using it twice/daily rather that one dose/daily.

I also found that being on antibiotics, stressed, etc - that I felt I needed more estrogen. But in the long run I think that's what boosted my level up so high. I had been on 3 courses of antibiotics and so kept boosting to 3x/daily instead of twice/daily. Looking back, I think it would have been better if I'd just toughed it out at the original level and not increased the dose at all.

Keep us posted. Hope things keep improving. Don't make drastic changes, ease into a dose you feel good on...

I do also use prometrium 100/nightly, and am on Armour thyroid (so that might be why I'm needing a bit more estrogen).
Unread 09-09-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2Me2 View Post
Hi CaJen! Thanks! Hey, I wanted to ask you a couple of questions too. You said that you adjust your dose according to activity level and symptoms. Is anxiety your only indicator when your estrogen is running low?

Also, I was wondering if you had any blood levels taken either? When I was using the 2mg Biest cream my level was only 11 to 12. When I first tried Vivelle Dot .1 I ended up at the ER after about 7 days. I had such chest pressure and anxiety I thought I was having a problem with my heart. I asked them to check my level and it was 69. My Dr lowered my patch to .25. Then my level was 4. Makes me wish so much that I knew what my "normal" level used to be so I had somewhat of a target.

I feel fortunate that I have an extremely open minded Dr. She told me that she didn't mind if I brought some new information for her to look at. She said she didn't know everything (Imagine that!) and that we could learn together.

I want to continue to hear how you're doing as well!!
Anxiety is my very first indicator of low estrogen. If I don't take some estrogen then I will get a headache and then a bunch of other nasty symptoms will follow. I get the chest pressure, too! No fun at all!!!

I haven't had any blood tests since starting this method. I have only been doing this for a little over a month. I had my levels taken a couple of months before starting this method and it was 100. I was on Femring. I loved Femring! It just wasn't enough for me. Since my last blood test I have been referred to a gyn (I was with an endocrinologist). My new gyn doesn't believe in blood tests and strictly goes by what a woman feels. If I feel good, then she is all for it! I don't necessarily agree with this method. But, if I ever want my levels checked I'll just ask her and see if I can talk her into it. ;O)

Your Dr sounds great! I have had Drs that think they know everything and when I tried to tell them something, they got an attitude with me. UGH! Be sure to keep us updated! Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register