6-weekers -- HOW ARE YOU? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6-weekers -- HOW ARE YOU? 6-weekers -- HOW ARE YOU?

Unread 05-24-2006, 12:48 PM
6-weekers -- HOW ARE YOU?

Hello, I'm at 6 weeks post-op and feeling good. I am pretty much back to normal, except no sex yet. I must admit I'm scared! I did a vinegar douche yesterday and that stopped the slight discharge I was having, so all seems well. Just nervous about the sex, I guess! How are the rest of you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2006, 01:24 PM

Hi,I am still recovering. But my fears were put to rest . Last weekend we had sex..I did not need any lube,it did not hurt. I was not into it though,I did not think this is great, either...I was ready but all I could think of was I am having sex ! Thought about insisions,stiches ,ripping bleeding ect..ect..I hope it will get better, I had to take anti-depresse meds due to anxity,and hormones..Now after surgery I will cut back,then off...
Please listen to your body,it was surprising mine did just fine.I was very moist and just hoped on ..He liked it ,,,I think :?...,grab a towel and good luck,just take a bath after .Its amasing how much ejulation comes out....plus it is sore,but not bad...
Unread 05-24-2006, 03:15 PM

Hello, I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and I am doing great, I started back to work on Monday...The only pain I have is my lower back from standing on my feet, also I get the swelly belly at the end of the day, nothing my rice sock don;t take care....I do have a question...I am going for my 6 week check up and I was wondering if it hurts when they do the interal exam...(sorry for the sp)... I am glad evryone is doing good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2006, 03:36 PM

This is only my second post, however I am doing really well, I think LOL. I had my six week checkup and the doctor said I was healing good, but she treated a small area with silver nitrate. That was last Friday. She also said I had to wait another 10 days before sex, baths and swimming. Every now and then if I am doing a lot I will get a crampy feeling. Other than that I'm happy not to bleed anymore. Happy healing!!!!
Unread 05-24-2006, 03:44 PM

Hi, 6 weekers! I'm doing pretty good--still am a little sore and get the swelly belly by the end of the day, but my energy level is much better and I can walk alot more than I could even one week ago. Went for my 6-week post op appt. one week early (5/15) and didn't have any pain during the internal exam. I'm not sure if the type of surgery impacts how the internal exam feels.

Anyway, my biggest problem has been the unexpected menopause symptoms (hot flashes, night sweats, heart palpitations). I had one ovary removed during surgery because of endo (unexpectedly) and now my poor right ovary doesn't want to work. The doctor confirmed that my hormone levels are menopausal which is even more depressing. I guess I should have done more research before the operation--I didn't realize how likely it was that the ovaries might not kick back in. I'm hoping my ovary will wake up. I'm scheduled to get the hormone levels retested at the 3 month mark. I'm going to try and hold off until then before starting any HRT. If any of you have suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

Yesterday, I started back to work (from home--luckily I brought enough work home with me to last about a week). I hope to go back into the office next week. I'm a little nervous about that because I have to take a train and deal with lots of people hustling and bustling in the city.

Well, good luck to everyone in their recovery and have a nice relaxing holiday weekend!
Unread 05-24-2006, 03:51 PM

P.S. On the sex topic, although I've been cleared from the doctor, we've only gotten to outercourse a few times--my husband is more afraid than me because he thinks it will delay my healing! But, I'm going to be persistent!
Unread 05-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Doing well!!

I am actually feeling better this week. Still have afternoon naps. I have been taking walks around the neighborhood but still get fatigued.
Hope my energy level comes back soon.
I had a couple of hemoragging incidents after my surgery so I am about 3 weeks behind schedule.
The BSO has sure helped. No more leaking when I sneeze. Feeling better every day.
yogajane I will have the bounce back in my step soon I'm sure.
Unread 05-24-2006, 07:31 PM

I am doing good, Still was not 100 percent healed at my check uo Dr said to wait 2 more weeks for sex and I had vaginal dryness that she said was not helping the healing so I had to start on a estrogen cream that I insert vaginally for the next 2 weeks to help promote healing in there.. My vaginal exam hurt with the spectula but no the finger exam were she pressed on my belly with the other hand. I did bleed a bit after and that had me scared. but I did stop.
I have been feeling really good still having some issues with my bowels (going to much) but we went to Chicago last week for 4 days and I did great, spotted once but now I know why... I am moving the the Chicago area in a little over a week...

I have not started on HRT yet want to wait till the 3 month mark plus with the move I do not want to get all out of wack ithout a Dr that i am use to. SO I will find a good Dr as soon as i am there and get this all figured out...

But I feel good, I feel like this surgery has been a life saver for me and I am very happy I did it...
Unread 05-24-2006, 09:01 PM

Was doing really good for the past 2 weeks.. feeling a bit uncomfortable, tired and got a migrane today! And insomnia this week. Ok..so.. I went back to work PT at 3 weeks and YES I totally regret it. Because we all know in management there is no such thing as PT...
My lower back hurts so bad and I do feel the hormone flucuation on my patch change days..
Unread 05-24-2006, 09:22 PM

Hi - I was 6 weeks this past Tuesday and am feeling very good. I'm still not sleeping well, but went for a 2 mile walk in the sunshine today, so I hope that helps tonight! My doctor ok'd sex at 4 weeks, so we've been active for a short time and that is working well - no dryness. It feels a bit different but actually even better and more intense than before.
I had my last post-op appointment on Monday and was a little startled that my doctor did not do an internal exam (not at the first one either). I'm not having any cramping or bleeding, but all he did was look at my incision and that was that. Has anyone else experienced this?
I go back to work in a week and a half, so am trying to get more active to prepare myself.
Hope everyone else is doing as well!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register