back from doctor, more problems | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

back from doctor, more problems back from doctor, more problems

Unread 08-08-2005, 06:50 AM
back from doctor, more problems

went to doctor this morning as i am planning to return to work next monday.
He was not totally for it as he said ishould be at least 6mths post op before i go back to work, but if i dont i will never go back. Anyway he finally cleared me for part time work.
I told him about not sleeping and the leg and joint pains, he said it could be the hrt and to take anti inflammitories, and he gave me sleeping tablets.
I am very anxious about going back to work and dont know how i will cope with the standing for 8hrs with the pains in my legs.
I asked him to take my bp as the sho i saw 2wks ago before i started on the hrt didnt and while i was in hospital having my surgery my bp was very raised but no one seemed worried.
Anyway he took it and the diastolic was 114 which is very high, he gave me a bp cuff and i have to monitor it 6 times a day for 6 days. Will this ever be over if its not one thing its another.
feeling crap in really bad form and dreading going back to work , dreading getting up at 6 in the morning especially as im only going asleep about 5.
Sorry this is so long but i feel so alone and have no one who understands how i feel. The atmosphere at home is terrible as i am in such bad mood and fly off the handle for any little thing, doctor gave me prothiaden so hopefully that will improve my mood swings.
Just wondering if anyone feels like this or has any words of wisdom to offer.
Thanks for everything i couldnt have got this far without you all.
Lots of love dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 12:39 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry you are having these problems.
Is there any way you could arrange to work part time at first?
I hope your blood pressure gets under control soon, and that you feel much much better.
Unread 08-08-2005, 04:51 PM

I have high bp. I know a little about this problem so here it goes. Some medicine as pain pills, hormones etc... do raise your bp or in some lower it. Check with your pharmisist he knows sometimes more than your doctor. I also went back to work PT. I was nervous, but once I got there today, you will be surprised how many people understand what you are going though. They made me feel a lot better about being there. Talk to another employee, and see what's been going on at work first, this will take the edge off. GOOD LUCK!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Work

I had a complete hysterectomy on June 29th after being diagnoed with endo cancer, Thank God it was only in the uterus and required no furher treatment other than a low dose hormone pill. Which I have no idea if it is even working at this point.

I like you, am unable to sleep. I have to get up at 5:00 AM every morning. My first day was last Monday and with no sleep I would have never made it. At my checkup with my gyno oncol. I explained my concern about not being able to sleep and was given a prescription for Ambien. They work wonderfully. Even if I do not have to take one - you always know they are there for a safety net or panic attack or which ever comes first.

When I started becoming anxious about going back to work, I started thinking it is just a job for 8 hours a day not my life, you see my life was in that operating room 5 weeks ago.

This is my second week back to work and yes I am drained by the end of the day, but each day is getting a little better for me.

Good luck to you. Maybe there should be a thread on first day back to work stories.

Mary
Unread 08-08-2005, 06:12 PM

I'm not sleeping either. I slept like a baby when I first got home from hospital but for the past 2 weeks I have been getting less and less sleep. Although I do feel tired through the day at times I simple can't sleep. when I do get to sleep, I don't sleep deep enough to do any good. I guess this is somethnig I'll have to deal with from now on. I don't want to go on sleep pills. So just call me "Sleepless in Michigan".

~Maple
Unread 08-08-2005, 07:05 PM

Hi Dee

We had surgery on the same day! I'm so sorry you are having trouble. I just wanted to send you some hugs! Not sure if this of interest, but you could ask your doctor about using Fish Oil as a natural anti-inflammatory. I do notice a difference when I use it versus when I don't.

Hang in there, and be persistant about getting the care you need. Do you feel like a second opinion would be helpful?

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register