Walking after surgery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Walking after surgery Walking after surgery

Unread 05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Re: Walking after surgery

I walked 2-3 times a day up and down the halls at the hospital on days 1 and 2. Since I've been home, I've really just walked around the house, except for days when I'm out. Then I'm walking through a store or restaurant. I haven't started just walking a mile or so for exercise, although I guess I should start doing that. Tomorrow would be a good day to start taking the dog for a walk around the block a couple times. I hear walking will help a lot with the swelling, discomfort, and gas pains. Walking and water - two things we need the most of!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2010, 07:58 PM

I started walking in the hospital then around the house, then the yard, then the driveway. Now I try to take a walk outside in the neighbourhood every day, going a little farther each day. But I am talking blocks, not miles! And on days when I go to the store I count that as my walk. As I wasn't in very good shape before the surgery, I am setting some pretty modest goals. But I really think the exercise is good for us!
Unread 05-03-2010, 08:54 PM

goneforgood & LB123....

Thank you for the encouragement! I just feel like I should probably be walking a bit more then what I am. However I am to scared to over do it like I did when I had my tubes tied! Today is post op day #4 and DH took me to Fred Myers today! I celebrated by getting a griddle that was on sale and some new slippers! I walked around there for probably half an hour.
Unread 05-04-2010, 07:50 PM

I had a TAH-BSO on April 16th, and I walked a mile on day 13 and 1.5 miles on day 14. Then poor weather kicked in, and I haven't had the chance to do more. I went off my prescription meds at the same time, and I've felt considerably better since then.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register