LAVH im 11 days out and i had something weird happen today. - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

im 11 days out and i had something weird happen today. im 11 days out and i had something weird happen today.

Unread 02-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Re: im 11 days out and i had something weird happen today.

Yep, blood pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2014, 03:37 PM

Andrea My guess and it's just a guess. Is that you may have a sensitivity to the narcotics you were given. I have a sensitivity to Morphine. For several days (I'm talking a week to 10 days) If I do to much, even though I feel I'm able, my body reacts much the same way. Short of breath, dizziness, sweaty, hot, feeling of passing out. Several minutes after sitting and relaxing it passes. Then you feel exhausted, and have zero energy. This is exactly what happens to me on Morphine. You are doing more then your body wants you to do. My doctor says that I metabolize it very slowly. This maybe what is happening to you. Mention it to you doctor next time you see them.
Unread 02-08-2014, 10:31 PM

Ok so now i have horrible back pain or pressure pushing on my spine in side???what could it be i had it when i first had the surgery but it went away until today. Having semi regular BMs so im not sure what it is.
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:58 PM

I had this happen as well but after I had been doing too much at home and another time when I went to something at my daughters school, it came on like a wave. All of the sudden, I felt light headed, dizzy, hot, and like I might throw up. I came to the same conclusions, I'm doing way too much.
Unread 02-09-2014, 12:18 AM

I was less than a week out in my recovery when my bp went to low and down I went in the shower after calling my beloved. I too had the same feelings that you did. My nervousness before was not letting me relax so almost three weeks before surgeon wanted me on a bp med and then they said as I heal I could come off it but my body had other ideas. After EMS checked me out after passing out twice in the shower my hubs took me the ER and the dr said my bp was to low and off the meds I went also called my surgeon on way to hospital he too said stop the bp pill.
I hope that you are doing better. Take it easy I to felt well and thought I could do stuff was over doing it a few times. And I was already off pain meds when I passed out.
Unread 02-09-2014, 07:23 AM

I think you should still mention this to your doctor, and in particular mention that you were slurring your words. That's what concerned me when reading your post.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register