irritating discharge and irritating doctor | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

irritating discharge and irritating doctor irritating discharge and irritating doctor

Unread 02-08-2014, 05:41 PM
irritating discharge and irritating doctor

I have been having alot of discharge, mostly yellow and watery, for over a week. I am also bleeding quite often along with it. My problem is that this discharge is really irritating my skin.The vaginal area inside and out is quite red as is the skin on my inner leg near that area. I have been showering to keep the area clean but wonder if I can use something to cool the irritation. I am hesitant to call my physician as shehas not been helpful. She told me I can go back to work Monday but I cannot lift, bend, strain, or be on my feet for longer than an hour at a time. That means I cannot do my job working in a nursery school. My work will notlet me comeback with allofthose restrictions but my <> will not pay my short term disability as th doctor realeased me for work as of this Monday. Doctor not willing to change the paperwork. Do they have some sort of statistics that they have to keep in mind when releasing patients to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Re: irritating discharge and irritating doctor

Please get an appointment with doctor for the irritating discharge. If it weren't causing red rash probably normal, but better safe than sorry. Also explain you discomfort and ensure doc understands what you do at work. Don't let up...you only have one chance to heal right the first time! Hugs
Unread 02-08-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaye View Post
Please get an appointment with doctor for the irritating discharge. If it weren't causing red rash probably normal, but better safe than sorry. Also explain you discomfort and ensure doc understands what you do at work. Don't let up...you only have one chance to heal right the first time! Hugs
Thanks Skaye. I probably will make an appointment with my primary care doctor. I have lost all faith in the doctor who did the surgery. I lost 30 pounds in the first two weeks after surgery because of extreme nausea. She offered no help or suggestions. When I went in for my two week check up and explained again about the nausea as well as bad vaginal pain she said "well it can't be that bad you made it here.". As far as going back to work I reminded her about the requirements of my job. She said my work will just have to take what they can get and that they need to change my job responsibilities. When I told her they will not let me back with those restrictions she said "oh well, I'm still not changing the date.". I'm sure things will work out somehow. Thanks again for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2014, 08:02 PM

Wow, your Doctor is a jerk. Can you go to a different doctor?
Unread 02-08-2014, 08:05 PM

Wow....you have a very insensitive, rude dr. And she's female, too? (shaking my head) Definitely see another dr.
Unread 02-08-2014, 08:17 PM

Definately finding another doctor. Hate to start new but that seems like what I need to do. Thanks for your replies. I hope life is treating you all well and that you are all healing well.
Unread 02-09-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne1313 View Post
Thanks Skaye. I probably will make an appointment with my primary care doctor. I have lost all faith in the doctor who did the surgery. I lost 30 pounds in the first two weeks after surgery because of extreme nausea. She offered no help or suggestions. When I went in for my two week check up and explained again about the nausea as well as bad vaginal pain she said "well it can't be that bad you made it here.". As far as going back to work I reminded her about the requirements of my job. She said my work will just have to take what they can get and that they need to change my job responsibilities. When I told her they will not let me back with those restrictions she said "oh well, I'm still not changing the date.". I'm sure things will work out somehow. Thanks again for your reply.
Lynn, I feel u about not having faith in your dr. Boy, I feel the same way. A female, who is a preacher's wife and has NO compassion, passive, and nonchalant. I have never in my life experience a dr like that. To top it off, she's had a hysterectomy. I had to check to see if u lived in Memphis. Lol. I go to her tmrw for my 2weeks post op, and I'm not looking forward to seeing her.

Anyway, I was having issues the past week, I called her office (spoke with the nurse) on Wednesday morning, they returned my call Friday. I saw my PCP Thursday, she answered all my ?s, changed some meds, explained things to me, and mentally & emotionally I feel so much better. Having drs like that can add stress to an already stressful situation.

I suggest u go to your PCP but in the meantime look for another dr. Blessings & God speed.
Unread 02-09-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine2266 View Post
Lynn, I feel u about not having faith in your dr. Boy, I feel the same way. A female, who is a preacher's wife and has NO compassion, passive, and nonchalant. I have never in my life experience a dr like that. To top it off, she's had a hysterectomy. I had to check to see if u lived in Memphis. Lol. I go to her tmrw for my 2weeks post op, and I'm not looking forward to seeing her.

Anyway, I was having issues the past week, I called her office (spoke with the nurse) on Wednesday morning, they returned my call Friday. I saw my PCP Thursday, she answered all my ?s, changed some meds, explained things to me, and mentally & emotionally I feel so much better. Having drs like that can add stress to an already stressful situation.

I suggest u go to your PCP but in the meantime look for another dr. Blessings & God speed.
Dear Sunshine,
I'm sorry to hear you are having a similar experience. I'm glad your PCP was able to be a better resource for you. Good luck tomorrow. I be sending positive thoughts your way. Thanks for your reply. I am so glad to have found this website. The support for you and our other hystersisters has been wonderful.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register