1st Day home from the castle! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1st Day home from the castle! 1st Day home from the castle!

Unread 08-08-2005, 04:37 PM
1st Day home from the castle!

hey everyone

This won't be long but thought I'd let you know that I am home, feeling lots of pain and gas..ohhh the gas!!! Things went well and my uterus was quite enlarged, something they didn't know ahead of time. Apparently I had some trouble in post op and it took much longer for me to come out of the anesthetic however I did and my stay aside from pain was awesome. The staff was amazing and they were really careful of my fibromyalgia too. I even got a lotion back rub each day from one of the nurses. I was put in a private room as this was all that was available. Now the tough part, getting throgh the next couple of weeks. tomorrow I am going to my moms trailer at the campground that she lives at for the summer, She wants to take care of me. Gotta get back to bed....take care sisters!

hugsssss
Debora
thanks for everything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 05:26 PM

Welcome home Debora!! I'm glad the surgery went well!! Make sure that you get plenty of rest girlfriend, you'll thank yourself later!!
Enjoy being babied!! Have fun at the campground!
Hugz
Bernadette
Unread 08-08-2005, 05:51 PM

Hi Debora,

I'm very happy to hear that you are home and starting the healing process. I hope you will have a "room with a view" at your Mom's place and that you'll have a chance to hear the birds twittering in the trees, as I have at my parents' place.

Remember to take your meds on time with lots and lots of water (even though that means lots of trips to the bathroom). It is really important to keep hydrated.

Gas X is my friend, as are prunes and mango (lots of fiber) and that helps with the pain. Be prepared for coughing and sneezing...if you have a chance to prepare. I found that my best (least painful) coughs were in a fetal-type position, standing up, with my backside against the wall so I didn't fall down.

After the first week is complete, you'll be able to notice a day by day improvement, I hope.

Take care!

~Pilar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 07:57 PM

Yes, welcome home and so glad you did so well!! I too was given massages by the nurses. Be a good Princess and obey all the HysterSister rules or one of us will be forced to come to your house (or your mother's place, either one, we will find you - ha!!).

Here's to a smooth recovery sipping lots-o-prune juice,

Patty
Unread 08-08-2005, 08:45 PM

welcome home baby sister princess. being an "old" princess now (May 20). I can relate. Here's what I have learned. For gas: gas relief pills, lots of water and walk walk walk. Before your walks put on your belly binder (if the castle didn't give you one, get one@ most pharmacy) different from the belly band on our site. Keep a little pillow next to you for when you need to cough or sneeze and when you have a BM hold next to your tummy ( those first BM's CAN be so painful ). Do not lift anything over 5 pounds.Remember you may feel great, but your body is still healing for several months so listen to what your Dr. or what we sisters remind you of, Remind yourself or any person who thinks you are being a baby or "milking it" that if you overdo , you can do real damage and endup back in the castle for repair surgery and even longer recover time!!!!!!!!!!! Hot flashes more likely than not will happen & there are many ways and opinions on how to deal with this. But before you know it this will be a distant memory and you will be giving your imput to a baby sister princess

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register