First day back to work - Page 3 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First day back to work First day back to work

Unread 09-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Re: First day back to work

Sugar and spice, sorry to hear you had such a bad day. I hope things will get better as the week goes. Try and ease back into work. I go back to work Thursday and am not looking forward to it. I go back to 8 hours a day, with a boss who is not very understanding. I am not looking forward to the stress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2011, 09:07 PM

Thank you so much to everyone who has been responding to this thread. I have read all your posts several times (of course as I continue to cry :-) ) it touches my heart to think of all you ladies out there taking the time to send encouraging words even as you are dealing with your own challenges.

I hope we all have a lovely day tomorrow and finish healing quickly :-)
Unread 09-19-2011, 05:51 PM

I was only 16 (now 28) when I had my surgery..It was an emergency one in early February. I remember going back to school..I believe it was in Mid April/Early May. I had been doing correspondence the whole time I was off..of what I could do anyways.
The teachers and my friends were great welcoming me back. However, other classmates and fellow students not so much. I remember whispers, thinking I was gone for good, and making up stories on what they thought it was that I had. Even though they didnt know the whole story.

Today, I am blessed to be married to my husband for 2 years(today Sept 19). We are looking to start a surrogate journey early next year. I am so happy to have found someone in my life that accepts the fact that I cannot carry their children. There were many ex boyfriends that strayed because of it.

Anyways, I wish you all the best of luck going back to work and or school.

KM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2011, 06:15 PM

I had planned on returning to work in 4-6 weeks after my TAH-BSO. I sell industrial power transmission equipment which sometimes requires some lifting, pulling, and tugging. My doctor sent me home with Vivelle dot patches which made me feel perfectly fine after just a few days, contrary to what my doctor and pharmacist told me. For weeks leading up to my surgery I was so excited about the time I was going to get to stay home and recover. A few very thoughtful people brought food and my DH kept the laundry done. I got so weary of having so many visitors that I went online and ordered a few pairs of Spanx and went back to work 7 days after my surgery! I must say, the Spanx were what made all the difference! I highly recommend that all you ladies who have surgery scheduled invest in a few pairs! You will NOT regret it! I had a very easy adjustment to going back to work.
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:56 AM

I had to go back a bit quicker than originally planned as my colleague had left the company so we were terribly short staffed. However, my understanding boss allowed me to just work a couple of hours a day to start with. Also, I work in an office so nothing too strenuous. I did find I got very tired very quickly but by then was at least sleeping pretty well so early nights sorted me ok for the most part.

I feel for anyone who has to go back before they are ready.

Keep well everyone!

Unread 09-20-2011, 05:30 AM

I am sorry to hear that you had to go through a TAH so early at 16 years of age. Kmoyer1982 I send a big hug your way and I am glad that everything is working out for you. I am glad you joined us hystersisters. Have a great week.
Unread 09-20-2011, 07:22 AM

Wow a hysterectomy at 16. Oh I'm so sorry to hear that but happy to see you're well. HUGS to you.

Going back to work is very scary but you do get through it and on with your life. While in week 5 I still have to take it easy but it's getting better throughout the day.
Unread 09-20-2011, 07:20 PM

Hi SharonVJackson,

Going back to work feels intimidating when coming back after several weeks but like you said we do get through it and have to get on with our life. I started work this Monday. I had a few set backs so I went in at my 8th week. I was not feeling well yet but I am trying to take it a bit slower and just taking it one day at a time. At the end of the day I feel extra tired but happy when I get home and get to relax. Sharon do take it very easy so that you can have a good recovery. Even after the 6-8 weeks we still have to be careful. Have a great night.
Unread 09-21-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyneve View Post
Hi SharonVJackson,

Going back to work feels intimidating when coming back after several weeks but like you said we do get through it and have to get on with our life. I started work this Monday. I had a few set backs so I went in at my 8th week. I was not feeling well yet but I am trying to take it a bit slower and just taking it one day at a time. At the end of the day I feel extra tired but happy when I get home and get to relax. Sharon do take it very easy so that you can have a good recovery. Even after the 6-8 weeks we still have to be careful. Have a great night.
Hello Dear Lyneve,

Thank you for your well wishes. I agree with you completely. I do still have to be careful. I believe my state of mind is what got me through surgery and the healing process. I was so scared and paranoid about harming the core of my body. I still am. I knew I had to get back to work but my body and health were more important. So I began walking. I needed to build my strength. However nothing prepared me for driving. I did not know it would be so strenuous on my abdominal muscles. And just sitting at my desk upright in the chair for an extended period of time...Wow. These days I am not so tired when I get home but I am still too tired to do anything other than shower and get into bed. I would normally clean the apartment, cook dinner, and get my daughter together for the next day (homework, clothes etc.). After surgery getting back into all of that is a very slow process.

HUGS and Good Healing to you all...
Unread 09-21-2011, 09:15 AM

Hi Sharon,

Hope your day is going well. We just have to keep a positive way of thinking to continue in this journey. Thank you for your post.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register