Night Sweats | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Night Sweats

Does anyone have JUST night sweats? I had a vaginal hysterectomy with a right salpingooporectomy in October of 2005 and have had no issues until the past 6 weeks. My only symptom is night sweats. I do not have hot flashes nor do I sweat during the day. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you,

Annette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Re: Night Sweats

Yes, prior to my TAH I was in peri-menopause and only had nightsweats ( no hot flashes at that point). I just used OTC progesterone (Emrita) and that seemed to help. I'm pretty sure if I had continued with a natural menopause I would have eventually experienced hot flashes. I just think my hormones were fluctutating more at night at that point.
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:21 PM

I also am having night sweats, no hot flashes. I was at the dr today for my 4 week post op appt, and in addition to my .1mg Estrodial patch, he's added oral estrogen. He says give it 10 days and see if things are better. I sure hope so, cuz I'm tired of waking up soaking wet/freezing up to 3 times a night. I'll try to update again in the next few days.

I read something about hot flashes/night sweats on Dr Oz's website, with natural ways to deal with those issues, and they had some ideas that might help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2012, 04:27 PM

I have had some night sweats but I have also experienced some hot flashes during the day, only one or two but it is no fun when the rest of the class is comfortable and I am HOT! LOL
I had a TVH removal of left ovary,5 weeks ago and before that I had some hot flashes at nite so I just figure that is part of the side effects of only having one functioning ovary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register