13 days Post OP - No Emotion,Feelings, Nothing | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

13 days Post OP - No Emotion,Feelings, Nothing 13 days Post OP - No Emotion,Feelings, Nothing

Unread 04-23-2012, 02:15 PM
13 days Post OP - No Emotion,Feelings, Nothing

Today I am 13 days post op. I sat down to fill out thank you cards for flowers and well wishes and guess what? Absolutely no emotion whatsoever. I wanted to get all nice and sentimental with a few people who have really meant a lot to me over the years and nothing there. Zip nada, nothing. I feel like I can cry but i'm not sure what the heck I'd be crying about. At this point in time I just feel like my heart is small and black and there is no room for anyone. I smile at my family and I want to respond but there is nothing there. What is this, I kept my ovaries?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Re: 13 days Post OP - No Emotion,Feelings, Nothing

Today was a blah day for me, too.... Just layed around, almost like a pms state! My 'period' would be due around the 1st.. I have had some light bleeding when I wipe today, almost feel periodish, which I am abit worried about, and a small dark red, almost dried blood at last wiping. I called the dr. and they were closed already.... No spotting, just when I wipe. I told my husband this afternoon, I felt 'sad'. I still have my ovaries and my boob is sore (like pre- period)..... I hate this 'discharge' type wipe... freaking me out! Cheer up....
Unread 04-23-2012, 03:03 PM

I get that to. Only when I wipe. Weird huh?! My boobs feel full too so I keep a bra on. Not sure when my period would be because I was very irregular these last 2 years. Cycle all over the place. I need a shot of empathy or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 03:07 PM

Yeah.. I hear ya... my periods have been weird, but lately a week before, I feel that way... I don't like the blood stuff, but guess it is normal... I hate to 'see it'.... almost feel like, heck, 2 weeks in, I should be dried up, but based on the posts here, it is normal 2-3 weeks.. and may be worse... I will feel better after Thurs. and dr. checks me out. I did not like the deep red, almost dried up... w/ my latest and greatest wipe! Hang in there.. Hugs....
Unread 04-23-2012, 03:11 PM

Hugs to you too. I gues we'll get through this eventually. Just want to be human again.....
Unread 04-23-2012, 03:49 PM

I am right there w/ you!!!! I almost am at the point of 'Hey,People', I just had surgery! LOL> pity party for me..... The first few days, everyone so concerned.... now, well... it has been 2 weeks... My friends at work, well, consider it a 6 week vacation ( not all of them, but some :O() ... NOT a freaking vacation.... It is not AS bad now as I thought, I guess... Just the fear of the unknown.... like, am I 'supposed ' to feel PMS???? Will find out more when I speak to dr. on Thursday and will let you know if / what to expect. I really was not told too much prior.. and did not ask... my fault!
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:16 PM

I'm a week past you girls and feel the same. ( April 4) I keep telling my DH my brain is broken. TV annoys me, the ringing phone annoys me, I don't want to hear friends and family drone on about trivial problems! Don't want the door bell to ring or company to pop in. I'm not depressed at all, just kind of tranquil and don't want to be bothered.I'm thinking it is an after affect of the anesthesia, pain meds, trauma to our body as well as insomnia ( I haven't slept more than 2 hours a night since surgery and no naps in the day.I kept my ovaries,and don't feel as though this is hormonal at all. I just think we have put out body and brain through some serious trauma, and this too will pass. Hope this helped!
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:27 PM

Thanks, yea... it helps! What is DH? Yeah, it has to pass! I am pretty upbeat, just want this old body to heal and get motivated to move on. I am a very athletic (not marathon-- lol), but do like to exercise, walk, treadmill almost daily 30 min. Am on WWatchers and at a healthy weight... worried about flabbing out and weight gain.. and for my body to just be normal. I have ALL the symptoms of pre-period... do we still get those???? Heck, all the parts are gone... (except ovaries, for me)...heck, thought periods were a thing of the past after this?! I sound so *****y don't I??!!! ARGH!
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:55 PM

DH is Dear Husband

I felt the exact same way for the first 2 weeks. I wanted to cry and feel something but it was like I was numb. But it went away...i kept 1 ovary so it's obviously not related to that
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:17 PM

DH, cute... :O) made me giggle.. ty.. :O)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register