bending??? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-24-2012, 05:22 PM
bending???

So I see on many topics here that we aren't suppose to bend... I thought it was just the first week. I had DaVinci robotic surgery (uterus, cervix, left ovary & tube) removed on 4/12. I have bent over a time or two. Did I do wrong??? A little concerned here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Re: bending???

My instructions were to refrain from bending, stretching, and lifting for 6 weeks. I have had a lot of pain and swelling in the perineum area, so nobody had to tell me not to bend over twice... I think the bending, reaching, and stretching can stretch areas with sutures, and that could cause adhesions.
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:04 PM

Whoops! I have been bending, no one told me not to. I have actually found it quite a novel thing as one of my fibroids was so big I hadn't been able to bend for almost a year! Oh well....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM

Ask your doctor as only your doctor knows what was done inside you. I asked my doctor specifically about bending because I had read about no bending on here and he told me that I had no restrictions there at all. When I read my operative report, I realized that he had separated my tummy muscles vertically instead of cutting them in the same direction as my bikini incision. So really, none of my muscles were cut, just split lengthwise and they worked just fine the first day post-op. So it is really best to ask your doctor.
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:31 PM

Yes ask your Dr, I had no restrictions on bending, just no heavy lifting...everything else was "as tolerated", for me.
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:49 PM

My DR also told me it was fine after the first week. I am seem to be fine with bending and squating. I would ask your dr.
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:50 PM

Of all the discomforts/pains from surgery, bending was by far the worst for me. I was told no bending for six weeks and then advance as tolerated. It was very painful for me to bend, so I did not. I've read from other ladies who have no trouble bending. It's curious as to why this hurt me so much. I also had a da Vinci.
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:58 PM

I had an LSH and was never told not to do any bending. In fact, I bent over for something or another in the hospital, right in front of my doctor, and he never said anything about it! So it really does depend on the doctor. Best wishes!!
Unread 04-25-2012, 02:11 AM

No one told me anything about bending. I have only been doing it for a couple of days and only started once I felt comfortable doing it.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register