Happy----Cath out....Bladder working | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Happy----Cath out....Bladder working Happy----Cath out....Bladder working

Unread 04-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Happy----Cath out....Bladder working

As you all know, my bladder was nicked when the doctor took a large fibroid and uterus out. Well, today I went to the hospital, had a cystogram done to check my bladder. The tech injected the contrast into my cath port (?) and it started to fill my bladder. And boy did I feel it! The doctor came in, checked the images, talked to me, asked me if I felt if I my bladder was full. That was an understatement! At one point, he said if I felt like I needed to let loose, that i could. And I did, as I say in embarrassment.

The doctor said everything looked good and I got dressed so I could go to my doctor, whom was my next appt. Oh, by the way...I hope I never have to wear Depends....when I let go....had to wear one of them and hope I do not again.

Anyway..... the doctor and the nurse took the cath out....and that was a huge relief. Until I heard what he wanted me to do next. He wanted to do a bladder scan, but I needed to have a full bladder. So, he wanted me to go drink lots of water so I could get a full bladder. So I did....but the doc was not satisfied yet. So, at this time it was around lunch time, so he said go eat and drink more, then come back. He wanted to very sure my bladder was working and all that. So we went to eat....and abt a half hour later came back, with a full bladder.

Then, i get a surprise....the doctor, when I see him again....He wanted me to void before doing the test. So, I did....and they did the test. Finally the doctor was satisfied that all was working. He then proceeded to take the steri strips off and told me to use perioxide on the incision. Then he let me go, wanting to see me next Wednesday. I did not get home until abt 1:30 after leaving home bef 8am. My mil picked me up at 1 so DH could go to work. My bladder is working....does hurt a bit when i finish...but that is to be expected since it was abt three weeks with that cath. It is getting better....

So there you go.....that was my day....

Stephanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Re: Happy----Cath out....Bladder working

Sounds like a long day. It must feel great to have met this major milestone! I hope your recovery goes smoothly from here on.
Unread 04-25-2012, 02:55 PM

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very happy for you, bookfan. Take it easy for the rest of the day and tomorrow. You had a tough day!
I just don't understand your dr. wanting you to fill up and then not fill up before the test??? Was that some sick joke? Or was he testing your ability to hold it in??? I'm confused.... xxxLaura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2012, 03:04 PM

As a fellow "catheter sister" I am so happy for you. My urethra hurt for quite a while after taking the cath out, about 2 weeks. So don't give up, and don't be afraid to take pain meds if you need them.
Unread 04-25-2012, 05:58 PM

Yay!!!!! Congrats!!!!
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:56 PM

So happy for you....a milestone!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register