dVH/RALH going crazy | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:53 AM
going crazy

Hey Sister's...Im 3 days post op and im going crazy...my house and im having a tough time getting comfortable the emotional part hasnt set in yet but im sure it will...im only 30! I think I'm getting a uti as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Re: going crazy

Welcome back from the castle! Glad that you are here and looking into getting comfortable.

Three days out for me was all about trying to get comfortable.

Are you taking your pain meds on time? Remember to stay ahead of that; it will help you heal AND keep you more comfortable than you otherwise might be.

Are you wearing comfortable jammies or other attire? I wore sundresses: I didn't want anything around my tummy. I also wore bikini panties because they sat below my lower lap incisions. I had a big, fluffy robe I wore if I got chilly and warm socks if my feet got cold. I'd put fresh sheets on the bed the day before my surgery, and I put a fresh towel out in the bathroom.

Are you staying warm enough or cool enough?

I had trouble sleeping: the pain would wake me up. I kept a box of crackers and bottle of water by my bed. When the pain woke me up at night, I'd turn on the light, eat a few crackers, drink some water, take my Percocet, and then turn off the light. I'd wait for the pain to subside, and I'd drift off to sleep again.

I had asked my doctor if I needed to make myself walk every hour. She said no; needing to pee would get me up often enough. But she reminded me that walking would help with any constipation I might get from the surgery and pain meds.

Do you have things that can help you feel comfortable? Movies or shows that take your mind off your condition for a bit? Books? And physical comforts: Comfy pillows? A favorite couch or chair? A footstool? As for doing things, I didn't feel up to talking on the phone at only three days out, but after a week, I did. And after a week, I felt like working on my pine needle basket (stitching), playing online Scrabble, posting here more often, doing some light cooking--and making milkshakes (yum). By then, I was taking walks outside--but not the first few days!!

Are you eating healthy but comforting foods? I ate small meals and snacks frequently, especially if I were taking a Percocet or Motrin. Are you drinking enough water?

Watch that possible uti, and get the doctor's number ready in case you need to call. Don't wait to call your .

Welcome to the other side; I hope you get comfortable very soon.

:hugs5:
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Re: going crazy

I'm having a hard time getting comfortable as well. My left rear is sore from sitting/reclining so much. I can't wait to be able to sleep on my side again.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register