TLH Seriously..what is going on with my lower back?? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Seriously..what is going on with my lower back?? Seriously..what is going on with my lower back??

Unread 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Seriously..what is going on with my lower back??

I am 1 week post op. I had a total lap hysterectomy (uterus, cervix, both tubes, right ovary removed). I had horrible lower back pain previously 2 weeks every months, in cycle with my periods. It was awful. Hard to bend, stand, lay... I had an ablation in May with hopes of no periods and no pain. Big FAIL. Still had pain. Still had periods. Just lighter (went from 12 days of bleeding to 6). So this surgery was gonna fix me all up! Guess what? I still have the back pain! And now it is worse! Now I know, I know. I am only 7 days post op and of course I am hurting. But I am having pain that I feel should be gone. The right ovary pain is gone so that is good. What is the deal with the rest?? Any suggestions? Ideas? Would a support belt help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Re: Seriously..what is going on with my lower back??

I have the same problem, I suffered with the back pain before the op and it was put down to the fibroids and endometriosis, I still have the back pain, I'm almost 6 weeks post op and its worse than before! I hope you find an answer.
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:57 PM

My lower back issues may be for different reasons, but can share things that have helped me since surgery it has triggred it up again...
Usually I do yoga, but currently that is not on the list...lol..
I try to change positions every hour,side to side, back pillow under my knees and small one at low back,I get up about every hour for mini walks and do alternation of heat and ice..this seems to help ...
Hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2013, 03:24 PM

My back hurts because of all the resting. I started doing light yoga stretches and it had helped. It may not be related to your hysterectomy and may just be from resting or it may be. Hard to know this early.
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:30 PM

Hello ladies, 49 hear, had TLH about 6 mos ago, all went
Fine, was diagnosed st 1 g 1 endrometrial, not until 3 mos after I started having a hip pinch nerve pain on my right hip, my Gyno referred me physical therapy, which has helped, it gets locked up with pain with certain movements,,,so annoying, my Onocologist even had me do a CT scan to make sure that's all it was,
My PT narrows it down to a combination of the surgery, harmones, being active before surgery then Ll of a sudden not, just have to work through it
And yes I'm still working out 5 to 6 days a week which seems to help
Hope you get some answers ,,,,oh and by the way I have not had AnY surgical menopause! What's up with that.....any answers?

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register