My cape tried to come out today!!!!! kids mentioned | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My cape tried to come out today!!!!! kids mentioned My cape tried to come out today!!!!! kids mentioned

Unread 08-19-2013, 05:50 PM
My cape tried to come out today!!!!! kids mentioned

Need a ear sorry ......As you girls have said time and again we really need to put the capes away while we recover. Well i have to say mine tried to come out today and now i am trying to CRAM it back in the closet!!!!! I am definitly not superwoman!
Ill say it again and maybe my brain will listen "i am not superwoman"
Today was thefirst day back to school and i really thought i could do it. I really really did cause after alli was just going tosit in class take notes listen to the prof u know easy peasy. NOT......by the time i dropped of the kiddos at there first day and got to my school i was allready hurting...(first time i drove) by the time i got out of class ireally had to pee and my bladder was yelling at me. By the time i got to my car i had that tampon feeling u girls have mentioned.... i get home and am exhasted its only 11:30 so i have only been out and about like 4 hours.
I have cried all day not in class thankfully best the rest yea...my eyes arepuffy and for the first time i am questioning if i can do this semester.... i know
Heres were u say "told u soooo" my mom says well honey i expected it. ( shes been through this journey so u knoe she knows) i have student loans and dont know what to do
I am not sure if this my crazy half asleep o's or what cause my emotions are bonkers.... shoul d i drop to part time and only do online my online classes or drag that cape back on pull up my boot straps and getter done?
Thoughts would help me right now i not quite sure what to do....
Sorry for whining but were sisters after all .....lol laugh notcry gonna be my new mantra!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Re: My cape tried to come out today!!!!! kids mentioned

Wow, I think you're amazing for even wanting to get out so soon! Good thoughts your way AuntSisDaisy. Take it easy the next few days and hopefully you'll be feeling ok again in no time. But yes, listen to your body. x
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:20 PM

Yes, you are very early in your recovery! That is a lot to do for your first day out. Can you do online courses until you heal up? Try to rest and take it easy, it will help in your recovery. Sending healing hugs and prayers for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntSisDaisy View Post
Need a ear sorry ......As you girls have said time and again we really need to put the capes away while we recover. Well i have to say mine tried to come out today and now i am trying to CRAM it back in the closet!!!!! I am definitly not superwoman!
Ill say it again and maybe my brain will listen "i am not superwoman"
Today was thefirst day back to school and i really thought i could do it. I really really did cause after alli was just going tosit in class take notes listen to the prof u know easy peasy. NOT......by the time i dropped of the kiddos at there first day and got to my school i was allready hurting...(first time i drove) by the time i got out of class ireally had to pee and my bladder was yelling at me. By the time i got to my car i had that tampon feeling u girls have mentioned.... i get home and am exhasted its only 11:30 so i have only been out and about like 4 hours.
I have cried all day not in class thankfully best the rest yea...my eyes arepuffy and for the first time i am questioning if i can do this semester.... i know
Heres were u say "told u soooo" my mom says well honey i expected it. ( shes been through this journey so u knoe she knows) i have student loans and dont know what to do
I am not sure if this my crazy half asleep o's or what cause my emotions are bonkers.... shoul d i drop to part time and only do online my online classes or drag that cape back on pull up my boot straps and getter done?
Thoughts would help me right now i not quite sure what to do....
Sorry for whining but were sisters after all .....lol laugh notcry gonna be my new mantra!
Hey AuntSisDaisy! Welcome to the other side girl!!!!:jump

You know, you're being much too hard on yourself princess and I'm just tired, reading about how full your days are!!!! So don't put yourself down, you are doing an aweful lot so early in your post-op!

You have a lot to deal with at the moment and that's on top of trying to recovery from such major surgery! You have to heal, inside, outside, physically and emotionally. Is it any wonder you are feeling so overwhelmed?

Take each day as it comes and handle it one by one. You can only do what your body 'allows' you and 'feels up' to doing. The rest is basically out of your hands and if you try and push through, boy, does your body let you know it's not happy. Just take a minute to think of what you are doing....You are a wife, mother, an active member in the work force...the list is endless to what you do!

Rest as often as you can when you can at work and please do try and go to the ladies more often. You certainly don't want to cause any unnecessary pressure in your tummy or cause a urinary tract infection. Perhaps you can just visit the ladies at regular times, even if you don't think you need to, before it sort of creeps up on you. Take a breather at work when you can, even if it's just for a couple of minutes. Your work is probably quite understanding of your needs at the moment and then you can always make up for it later when you are recovered.

...and when you get home to your 'unpaid' job....Delegate, Delegate, Delegate!!!!... Nothing wrong with that!....whatever it takes to give you a bit of a rest....and rest is very important to your recovery.

I know you have a lot to deal with especially when student loans are involved and I know it's easier said than done, by someone who's not in the same boat ( I'm 54 so my main concerns at the moment are, can my teeth handle that extra hard biscuit with my tea, or will I loose a couple of them and enjoy them anyway: LOL) but whatever you can do to avoid putting on that cape and pulling those laces up too soon, should be visited. So, try and relax, take a deep breath and sit down with hubby and think things through, clearly and without your mind racing a million miles an hour.

Each day will get better and each day you will feel stronger. Try and even out your 'load' as often as you can so as not to overdo on any one day or you will really feel it the next day and pain can be really draining and wear you down.

...and rest, rest, rest, as often as you can.. even a couple of fleeting moments here and there.

So take care Daisy and hope you feel better soon and remember....no capes!!!

Take care now and keep us updated and if you get a future, ahoy! from a sister that's 'lisping and whistling', you'll know it's me...and the hard biscuit won!!!!

Hugs galore, princess and feel better soon, xoxo.
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:43 PM

Thx girls for the kind words. It makes me tear up, i wish my hormones would balance out. It would help a lot if i wasnt seeing the world through a mist. Lol ....i am going to call tomorrow about going part time and see how much it will affect my loans. Ive gone full time to school for a year, since my youngest started school, so i thought i would be able to do it. Ive had three laproscopic surgies since i was 20,now36, to clean up the endo, and crazy me thought i would do as well this time. My mom told me it was totally different but as my aunt used to say lucy didnt listen. Lol ,.... my brain kept saying u can do it. My body telling me different. I am going to have to let go and let God... thanks for the prayers,thoughts and ear. It helps to talk to other women going through the journey along side me. Best wishes girls i hope u r well. Bless u and yours! HUGS Auntsisdaisy
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntSisDaisy View Post
Thx girls for the kind words. It makes me tear up, i wish my hormones would balance out. It would help a lot if i wasnt seeing the world through a mist. Lol ....i am going to call tomorrow about going part time and see how much it will affect my loans. Ive gone full time to school for a year, since my youngest started school, so i thought i would be able to do it. Ive had three laproscopic surgies since i was 20,now36, to clean up the endo, and crazy me thought i would do as well this time. My mom told me it was totally different but as my aunt used to say lucy didnt listen. Lol ,.... my brain kept saying u can do it. My body telling me different. I am going to have to let go and let God... thanks for the prayers,thoughts and ear. It helps to talk to other women going through the journey along side me. Best wishes girls i hope u r well. Bless u and yours! HUGS Auntsisdaisy
HUGS! to you gorgeous girl! and no thanks necessary...we're all here for each other and we are all on the same 'road trip'. Sure, there'll be detours along the way, but we're in the best of company and we're all going to get there!!!!

Hugs galore, xoxo.
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:42 PM

I was a mess for almost a full 8 weeks. I thought I was going to be able to do a LOT more from my recliner, but I couldn't. I was useless. So your list for yesterday was scary. From my experience I would try to take your online classes and cancel your in person classes. If I remember correctly as long as you are a student taking at least 1 class you don't have to pay on your student loans. If that is true, I would stay in 1 or 2 classes and take it as easy as you can. Good luck and hang in there.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register