Not being able to do much sucks. | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not being able to do much sucks. Not being able to do much sucks.

Unread 02-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Not being able to do much sucks.

I am 7 days post op. My husband had to go out of town on business yesterday for a week. (Great timing, I know) So, I have had to slowly start doing more around house/for kids. Today, I drove kids to school and then came home and rested all day(but no nap-ugh). Went to get kids, met friends for a quick treat and stopped to get a few groceries/dinner. I'm exhausted!!! I haven't been able to sleep well the past two nights (uncomfortable and bad dreams) or even nap at all the past two days. Appetite is blech and every meal I eat, it goes right through me and I have to poop(now that I got through that hurdle-sorry if TMI). Then I'm crampy afterwards. Driving is uncomfortable too. And I'm worried if I'll be okay to go back to my desk job next Saturday. I want/need to be able to start doing more, after a week of doing nothing but resting, but it's so hard and tiring to do so!

Yesterday was such a good day for me-funny how they go up and down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Re: Not being able to do much sucks.

I am not allowed to drive until Tuesday next week which will be two weeks post op. I hurt myself doing to much...cleaning, carrying heavy stuff, etc. the other day. Now all I want to do is rest. I can not imagine driving already. I hope you feel better soon and please take care of yourself! I realize no one else will. Grown kids still grump when I ask for help and my 12 year old thinks taking the dog out is a major chore. You sound like a strong person. I am sure you will prevail.
Unread 02-06-2014, 05:36 PM

I'm sorry your DH is out of town. I understand your frustration, too. I'm 8 days post op and my mind is going stir crazy but my body is just so drained. I am a very active person and this down time is killing me mentally. I just lay in bed in the early morning staring at the ceiling. I've been having nightmares as well. My hubby is home but he's not very productive with the household chores. The laundry is piling up and if I could drag the basket down the stairs and throw it in the washer, I would.

Today I had a visit from family, went to the dr to assess my potential hernia and walked up and down my stairs 4x and I am beat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2014, 06:02 PM

Just an addendum-we are also in the middle of putting an addition on our house-it was supposed to be done by now, but you know how that goes. Just another intrusion on my recovery, as there is all kinds of noise, etc. going on when I'm trying to rest.

I just can't believe how so little can tear me down. It just sucks.
Unread 02-06-2014, 06:08 PM

How old are your kids? Do you have moms that can help with carpooling?
Unread 02-06-2014, 06:51 PM

I am 6 days post op and I feel the same way you do! Just very blah. My DH went back to work Tuesday, so I've been at home by myself during the day and it's driving me crazy. I'm allowed to drive since I'm off the Percocet and I'm comfortable with it. Drove to the store and by the time I got home I was exhausted! I've been able to do things around the house too, but I'm afraid of pushing too hard. It's frustrating because I'm ready to be back to normal already. Hang in there!
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrism View Post
How old are your kids? Do you have moms that can help with carpooling?

My kids are 9 & 12-school is across town with no families nearby. No choice but to drive.
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:14 PM

Yeah-I probably should take the Percocet longer, but it constipated me and made me even more tired. I guess Advil isn't strong enough, but I need to keep my wits about me. I wish I felt well enough to just go to Target on my own tomorrow before I'm stuck with the kids alone all weekend!
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:36 PM

Target sounds wonderful! I hate asking anyone to do things for me though, so I'm hoping to feel well enough to go a little further than the grocery store tomorrow. I've had so many people dropping in that I'm getting tired. I don't want to feel like I need to entertain. You have your hands full with the kids though. Now that my DH picked me up an abdominal binder I feel much better and more stable. I know what you mean about the Percocet. I need to be aware so I've been taking Ibuprofen 600 and it seems to work well for me. Hope tomorrow is a good day and you can make it to Target!
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:57 PM

know exactly what you are feeling. I went on a couple of errands yesterday with my DH just to ride and get out of house. Needless today I have been exhausted and haven't done much. Had family come over and bring dinner and wasn't up for entertaining at all. Very thankful to have them to help but just exhausted today.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register