Not being able to do much sucks. - Page 3 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not being able to do much sucks. Not being able to do much sucks.

Unread 02-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Re: Not being able to do much sucks.

I was just complaining this morning about how frustrated I am with "not being better right now!". Went out to breakfast with my mum and stopped into Sephora to treat myself to my free birthday gift. Just that. Got home and slept for 2.5 hours. Woke with my leg aching terribly and an FM flare coming on.
So, so frustrated right now with this but know rationally it will not last forever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2014, 08:49 PM

I wonder how long the feeling like crud goes on? I'm 4 weeks now and feel like I too have gone backwards. Feeling weepy as i stillI have my ovaries. Feel like the infection isn't quite healed up....feel like the teacher on Charlie Brown tonight....
Unread 02-08-2014, 03:03 PM

I ventured out at 11 days. DH drove I laid seat back, had on my leggings and a heat back patch across tummy. Armed with 2 Dr Peppers & my cuppie and Motrin on board. We went to town and were running ahead of schedule for birthday party, DH offered to take me to favorite antique store for a spin. wow, he offered !!! That was really nice ! He hates any shopping. Then to party and sat w my foam cushion and ate pizza. Then to wali, now home lying down. I'm tired. Was my first venture out, happy to stay home don't think I want to drive in on my own. I let him unload bags and do supper. Showed Him my swelly belly. Back in bed, takes alot out of you. Wow I'm tired ! But at least I know what I can do. May cancel next weeks hair appt and go one more week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2014, 04:12 PM

Wow you guys are troopers!! Sounds like you are all doing too much!! I am learning as I get older and kids get older that as the mum you often come last. But to be a great mum I think sometimes you need to put yourself first. Unfortunately we dont far too often. I have had many surgeries for various things and this time I am refusing to push myself as I pay the price and end up in surgery again with adhesions, hernias etc. Look after
yourselves and embrace the time to rest. The family will soon learn that if they want something they have to do it themselves!! Good luck and take it easier, I feel I need a nap reading your posts!! Xx
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amie L View Post
I was just complaining this morning about how frustrated I am with "not being better right now!". Went out to breakfast with my mum and stopped into Sephora to treat myself to my free birthday gift. Just that. Got home and slept for 2.5 hours. Woke with my leg aching terribly and an FM flare coming on.
So, so frustrated right now with this but know rationally it will not last forever!
Amie L, I had such similar experiences as you - going shopping or out with friends and coming home bone-tired exhausted, needing a long nap. What I found most surprising about this surgery is how very gradually your energy returns. I had no complications and a smooth recovery. Only now at 4 1/2 weeks post-op am I feeling back to normal energy wise. Though I can only do my usual level of activity all day, I am careful not to overdo it by adding an evening commitment. Just remember that you had major surgery and there's a lot of internal healing that's easy to forget since you can't see it! Wishing you lots of positive thoughts as you heal!
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:46 PM

Jenny,

That was a very encouraging post, I'm wondering what 4 wks will feel like and you have given me hope yeah !
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:48 PM

I'm taking the 600 Ibuprofen during the day then still a Percocet at night. I too had trouble with bowels on them, but my doc suggested Miralax once a day in juice and that has helped a ton. I read somewhere else on this site that trouble sleeping and nightmares were often a problem after these surgeries and to ask your doc for a sleep aid if a concern. I'm still having lots of pain with urination and very tired after trying to do much as well. The noise would be driving me crazy, you poor thing. Hopefully after the grocery trip you can get some rest, or maybe just order in pizza, we've been doing some of that around here too!
Unread 02-09-2014, 12:41 AM

Because of my post op infection, my recovery has been slow....I'm 5 wks post op. managed to upset my husband because I was loading the dishwasher. Add in the weeping, and hot flashes, the weird part is I kept my ovaries.
Unread 02-09-2014, 10:24 AM

Hugs, I'm so sorry for your setback. I think this is a huge emotional surgery. I have an ovary and cry also. I think it's just all the changes and we women don't like to be still for long , we take pride in our household and it's hard when someone else has to take it over. Praying for things to better for u
Unread 02-09-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiarose View Post
Jenny,

That was a very encouraging post, I'm wondering what 4 wks will feel like and you have given me hope yeah !
Georgiarose, I think how fast your recovery is will depend on type of surgery you had, what health condition you were in pre-surgery, and if you had complications. I know in my group (same wk surgery), several of us had my same experience and others had complications. I had a laproscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy - I had 4 fibroids that needed to come out. My best advice is pay attention to what your body tells you and know that week by week, you should hopefully feel better as long as you don't overdo it with activities. Wishing you all the best in your recovery!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register