WaterBed | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-05-2002, 05:05 PM
WaterBed

Ok I got to wondering about this today. Me & Dh has a water bed. I was just wondering if anyone else does and if yall have had surgery already was it hard to get in and out. Are can anyone else till me what yall think about it. My daughter has a full size bed on the floor so we may be moving into that for a while.
Thank yall in advance for yalls reply,
Gina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 05:12 PM
WaterBed

Hey Gina, I had a waterbed, so I can imagine that after my surgery it would have been very difficult for me to get up and down.....I am post op 2 yrs of course, but I remember times that the waterbed was very hard to pull myself out of when I had no probs at all....

I got a regular bed before my hyst...but I can just imagine how hard it "would" have been for me....

but if you have a fairly new one that has lots of fiber in it....you may not have trouble...try this test....try getting out of it, but do not use any of your ab muscles at all...they should be a good indicator.....good luck..bj
Unread 05-05-2002, 07:04 PM
WaterBed

I haven't had my hist yet, but I had a waterbed when I had my C-Section and it took me 3 weeks to be comfortable in it. I tried once 2 weeks post op and everytime my DH moved I wanted to scream. Everyone is different though. The bed contours to your body and for me that made it worse because even the slightest movement was an effort. I wish you luck for a speedy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 07:33 PM
WaterBed

Hmmmm, did not have a waterbed with my hyst, but have had them in the past.
I would think that they would make it more difficult to get out of bed especially if you have an abdominal hyst. I think a regular bed for a few weeks is probably a good idea!
Unread 05-05-2002, 09:26 PM
WaterBed

Hi,

I had a tah/bso on April 15th. Been sleeping in a waterbed for about 16 yrs. Had previous gall bladder lap surgery. Was hard to get in and out with just that.

So when the waterbed sprang a leak one week before my surgery, dh & i decided it was time for a regular bed.

I don't regret the decision. Got a king size bed!

Debbie

Unread 05-06-2002, 12:17 AM
WaterBed

Hi Gina

I have a water bed, so while I was in the Castle, my DH started thinking that it would be hard for me to get in and out of it. So he put my daughters daybed in the family room for me, so I would have a bed that would be easier for me, and so I would have a tv too. I also do not think a bed on the floor would be too good either, it would be hard for you to get that far down and back up. A regular bed would work the best, if you can work that out.
Take Care

s

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register