Nearly 8 weeks after hysterectomy and I feel like such a baby | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nearly 8 weeks after hysterectomy and I feel like such a baby Nearly 8 weeks after hysterectomy and I feel like such a baby

Unread 10-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Nearly 8 weeks after hysterectomy and I feel like such a baby

I started back to work full time this week. It took so much out of me. I am almost 8 weeks post op and have a desk job. I have a lot of pressure and am beyond exhausted. I have still been taking pain meds at night when I have had a long day to help with the discomfort. I feel like I am being a baby and should not be feeling this weal and tired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Re: I feel like such a baby

I'm sure you will get back into the groove soon enough. I have about 5 more weeks before I get back to work and I'm dreading it. I'm on my feet all day. Hang in there.
Unread 10-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Re: Nearly 8 weeks after hysterecdtoy and I feel like such a baby

I'm feeling the exact same way. Almost 8 weeks post op and I STILL get tired and sore? Really??? I had a full day of activities yesterday and one minute I was fine, then the next I felt like I hit a wall. Just BOOM....exhausted. I know everyone is telling me this.... on the outside it seems like I should be completely recovered but on the inside it's still healing. Maybe if I could see what the inside looks like I might understand why I'm feeling this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2014, 08:40 PM

I was like that too at 8 weeks... I think that with my surgery, it should have been 12 weeks off!! I went on a back to work program which was 2-4 hours a day and I was exhausted still. It is tough to get back into that routine and have to sit all day. I couldn't sit properly at work for about 2 months when I got back..
Unread 10-27-2014, 08:41 PM

Going back to work hit me like a ton of bricks, had to go to bed right after going home and napping a lot at the weekends... Lasted about 2-3 weeks
Make sure your nutrition is good, it helps.
I also took some emergenC, it helped a lot getting some energy back!
Good luck, hang in there
Unread 10-28-2014, 06:11 AM
Re: Nearly 8 weeks after hysterectomy and I feel like such a baby

Thank you for the responses. I can not tell you how reassuring it is to know other women are going thru the same things. I don't feel so alone.
Unread 10-28-2014, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSparkly View Post
I'm feeling the exact same way. Almost 8 weeks post op and I STILL get tired and sore? Really??? I had a full day of activities yesterday and one minute I was fine, then the next I felt like I hit a wall. Just BOOM....exhausted. I know everyone is telling me this.... on the outside it seems like I should be completely recovered but on the inside it's still healing. Maybe if I could see what the inside looks like I might understand why I'm feeling this way.
It looks like we had our surgeries on the same day. I completely understand what your saying about feeling fine one minute and the next like you've hit a wall. That feeling has been so frustrating to me. I have 3 kids and have been so used to doing everything for them but I get so tired so quick. I had a mini break down the other day because i am not used to my house being such a wreck I find myself putting house work aside to be able to help my kids with the basics. Again being so frustrated.
Unread 10-28-2014, 08:22 AM

I am 6 weeks post op this week, I am worried about going back to my desk job full time at 8 weeks. Did any of you slowly work up to 8 hours sitting prior to going back? This week I am trying to mock working in the mornings at home (work on the internet, research some stuff etc all while sitting). Up until now I can only sit about 2 hours or so and my brain feels foggy after that and I am not even doing real work yet. Does anyone think this approach will help so my body isn't 'shocked' day 1 returning to work?
Also do any of you walk at lunch or go to the gym to help the body move partway through the day - or is that out due to exhaustion? I am worried about that too. My noon workouts used to help me focus in the afternoons.
Unread 10-28-2014, 08:37 AM

I started back to work part time for one week, i would work 9-1 and then started back full time this week. I think that helped a little i was still really tired even after a half day.
Unread 10-30-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1216 View Post
I started back to work part time for one week, i would work 9-1 and then started back full time this week. I think that helped a little i was still really tired even after a half day.
I can't believe people are actually being advised to go back to work after 8 weeks. I was told the bare minimum is 12 weeks after a tah, with a view to up to 6 months to ensure full recovery and that hrt is sorted. Can't imagine having to do my job whilst still feeling under par. I wonder if the time off varies between the u.s and u.k?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register