over 16 weeks and cuff not healing?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

over 16 weeks and cuff not healing?? over 16 weeks and cuff not healing??

Unread 04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
over 16 weeks and cuff not healing??

Hello Ladies,

Well....saw dr. for continuing discharge and learned my "cuff isn't healing properly"...an area not closed well and not healing as it should. Got silver nitrate and go back in a few weeks to see if it's better.......should I be worried?
My dear doctor reassured me but I've been very careful.....
Tired all the time, haven't felt "good" since surgery......still working on getting hormones right....ugh ugh ugh

Any advice, sisters????
Will this heal on it own?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Re: over 16 weeks and cuff not healing??

Hi

I had an unhealed cuff and was treated 3x over a couple of months. The doctor says it will not heal on it's own.

I hope you will not have to have too many treatments, but if you do, it does eventually end it and you will be healed.

Hang in there

Unread 04-10-2010, 09:37 PM

Thank you! I was treated with silver nitrate and told to come back in a few weeks to be checked again. Guess he might have to treat again? I was afraid it might mean more stitches, but your response has encouraged me!
THank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2010, 02:13 PM

I have the same problem ...at 6 weeks was treated with silver nitrate and have been putting up with a lot of pain after sex and little spotting too. How does scalding our skin get us healed and able to handle penetration? It seems like putting a weaker band aid when you really need a stitch or two. I'm now at 16 weeks and two days I agree when will it ever end not to mention what stress it puts on there relationship. EE TVH kept ovaries
Unread 04-12-2010, 04:18 PM

The unhealed cuff forms scar tissue and inflammation and does not heal like it should, so the silver nitrate removes that so healthy tissue will take over and heal.

Here is some info from our post op articles on it:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_157308.htm

Unread 04-12-2010, 06:28 PM

Thank you Suzy Q....I went to the DR today and a new DR was available and it was a lady so I could express how much it hurts. She is going to have me come back and be treated for the next 3 weeks in row with the Nitrate solution...It really hurt because the granulation had really grown...my last treatment was the last part of January at my 6 weeks check-up I did not associate the pain that I was having that I would have to return for another treatment. So a word to pass on would be don't wait...... go in when you have pain...I waited 10 weeks later and have to start at square one but the new DR will have me come in weekly to get this to finally heal.It hurts more if you let the granulation grow too much...I found out the hard way. EE
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:31 AM

Hi, My TAH BSO was Aug ! and I'm seeing my Dr. today to see if the cuff is finally healed. Last treatment for it was Feb. She just said I was a slow healer, no explanation(she's not a talker) . Seems weird to me, wish I knew why, ... 7mo??? But it does heal eventually.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register