Abdominal sore after a salon visit: 8/9 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal sore after a salon visit: 8/9 weeks post hysterectomy Abdominal sore after a salon visit: 8/9 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 02-19-2016, 02:25 AM
Abdominal sore after a salon visit: 8/9 weeks post hysterectomy

Went and got my hair done yesterday. After the visit I had some small cramping so I took ibuprofen (800). I laid down and took a nap. Got up to eat and my abdominal is sore. From my rib cage down.
I am 8 or 9 weeks out and I thought It would be OK, laying back in the wash bowel chair getting my hair wash and conditioner.
I hope it just the muscles soreness, I had to use them to rise up from the chair and push back into the bowl. I will have to put some ice on it.
And hope for the best.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2016, 11:14 AM
Re: Abdominal sore after a solon visit

I am sure it is just muscle strain. You, like me, had a TAH which means you probably have either a vertical or horizontal incision. Remember all of those ab muscles were cut during surgery and will take months to really truly heal. Try to rest and baby that area for a few days, even return to an abdominal binder for support.
Good luck!
Unread 02-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Re: Abdominal sore after a salon visit: 8/9 wks post hysterectomy

sarrie22

I had a horizontal incision. You are right I did return to the binder. I apply heat for a while, later on I apply ice. I took ibuprofen every 4 hours and I feel a little better this evening. There are still some small sharp pains in my side. I shift my weight over to the right side and slid down the chair a little the pain goes away. I pass up going to the Car Show today but it ok, I need to get my heath back on track.

Again,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2016, 07:46 PM

I'm over 11 weeks post op and my abdominal area is still sore a lot of the time. If I take a walk or am up and around being active I get sore after that. My lower back hurts too at times and I think it is because my abdominal muscles are weak and it is pulling. My doctor said it can take 6 months or more to completely heal up and feel back to normal. I'm glad you are feeling better after some rest.
Unread 02-21-2016, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleusy2 View Post
I'm over 11 weeks post op and my abdominal area is still sore a lot of the time. If I take a walk or am up and around being active I get sore after that. My lower back hurts too at times and I think it is because my abdominal muscles are weak and it is pulling. My doctor said it can take 6 months or more to completely heal up and feel back to normal. I'm glad you are feeling better after some rest.

for the words of encouragement.

The resting and heat pad and ice pad help. The next day I was feeling better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register