LYSTEDA/anyone been on this (tranexamic acid/Cyklokapron) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LYSTEDA/anyone been on this (tranexamic acid/Cyklokapron) LYSTEDA/anyone been on this (tranexamic acid/Cyklokapron)

Unread 10-18-2010, 11:41 AM
LYSTEDA/anyone been on this (tranexamic acid/Cyklokapron)

Has anyone out there been on this new drug LYSTEDA? I was just given a script for it by my doc. It is a drug that is supposed to help with the heavy bleeding. You begin taking it on the first day of your period and take six pills a day for 4 days of your period. I have to do this for the next two months. Although it will be nice to cut the bleeding down it is not going to help with anything else that is a part of this mess. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this new drug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Re: LYSTEDA/anyone been on this

There are several ladies on the site who have used this med so hopefully they will drop by with some input. You might also want to do a search for their threads using tranexamic acid, the generic name, and Cyklokapron, its other brand name.

I hope it helps your bleeding issues while you and your doctors work through what might be best for you!

s
Unread 10-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Re: LYSTEDA/anyone been on this (tranexamic acid/Cyklokapron)

thanks for the information. I will look at those posts. I appreciate that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2010, 08:41 AM

I just started taking it...I'm desperate. We'll see....I'll keep you posted. I'm just trying to survive through the holidays!
Unread 11-18-2010, 09:14 AM

I was prescribed Cyklokapron (500mg) to reduce heavy bleeding while I was waiting for my hysterectomy.

My instructions were abit different - I took 1-2 tablets every six hours during the heaviest flow (my OBGYN said that although it wouldn't hurt me to take it straight through, I probobly wouldn't see any benefit from that either...so she left it up to me to decide when the heaviest part of my flow was).

The first month I didn't notice any change in flow, but the second and third months I had a dramatic reduction in flow (what an enormous relief that was, it was getting scary!).

I didn't notice any side effects in the three cycles I took it for, whereas I had major side effects to Provera which had been prescribed to me by a previous OBGYN for the same reason.

Wishing you the very best, I hope it helps you!

Unread 11-19-2010, 08:44 PM
LYSTEDA/anyone been on this (tranexamic acid/Cyklokapron)

I was actually prescribed Lysteda right before my last cycle and I could tell the difference in my flow around the second day! It does work, but I stll had to have a hysterectomy due to numerous fibroids.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird2325 View Post
Has anyone out there been on this new drug LYSTEDA? I was just given a script for it by my doc. It is a drug that is supposed to help with the heavy bleeding. You begin taking it on the first day of your period and take six pills a day for 4 days of your period. I have to do this for the next two months. Although it will be nice to cut the bleeding down it is not going to help with anything else that is a part of this mess. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this new drug.
Unread 11-20-2010, 03:06 PM

Hi.
I was given a prescription for this yesterday. Had a terrible night and morning bleeding and around noon it let up. I am hoping this will slow down the bleeding for a few days (I am anemic) until the period is over. I had a D&C hysteroscopic surgery which took 1/2 of my fibroid. The rest may be coming out on its own. If not, total abdominal hysterectomy very soon.

The medicine makes me foggy in the head, no other side effects yet. I would love to hear how you ladies are doing with it.
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:30 PM

Been on Lysteda for 3 days now, 2 more left. To me it is a miracle drug. No cramps, no bleeding. Amazing to just be using a pantyliner.

Surgery on Aug 9 still needed due to fibroids, but at least right now I am feeling great. No side effects at all.

Just afraid of what happens when I stop taking it. If everything starts all over again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register