Anyone tired? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone tired? Anyone tired?

Unread 07-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Anyone tired?

I am still tired! I went back to work two weeks after my surgery as well. I worked part-time but was on the road for 3 hours a day commuting to and from. I still get tired. I am back to full-time now, with the commute. There are days that all I want to do is crash. I was trying iron supplements and Vitamin B but it really didn't seem to give me the full energy I needed so I stopped. It is a little better now. Be patient!

Hugs to you,

Charlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Anyone tired?

I don't know how you all were able to go back to work so soon after your surgery. I am five and a half months post op and returned to work three weeks ago. My first week was not too bad but last week and this week I have felt so tired. Many times, I have fallen asleep watching television - this is something i would never have done before. I'm a medical secretary and I don't think working on a PC helps me as it makes my eyes tired. Besides tiredness, I feel fine but really miss being at home. I'd like to say well done to you all being able to return to work so soon.

Jess Two
Unread 07-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Anyone tired?

I went back to work last week as a physical therapy assistant. I was ok for the first few days but have gotten progressively more tired. I think it is the lack of sleep. Still have insomnia something awful. Sometimes I feel like all I do is "run". Go to work, go run errands, clean the house, cook, take care of all the animals, have babysat for my sister, getting ready to have a big birthday bonfire party this weekend, visiting some friends in need, helping a cousin with her wedding plans..... I feel like I don't have any spare time anymore. I had so much time when I was off and I am really missing it. Just feels like there is not enough hours in the day to get everything done. And I don't have kids.
I hope all our energy returns soon!!!!!!! Tiffany
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2005, 03:28 PM
Anyone tired?

Shoeloverlaura, I'll be anxious to hear how it goes for you. I teach third grade and August 29th will be when my six weeks is up and the first day of school. I dread that first week on a good year and always find it especially tough. This year, at my doctor's suggestion, I'm considering half days for the first week or two. My only hesitation is I don't want to have to explain to parents why I am only working half days. Let me know how you get through it.
Nnmfam, I know what you mean about not wanting the neighborhood kids over. I don't even want my own kids here, LOL! I'm taking every available opportunity to have my 9 year old play at his friends' houses.
Unread 07-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Anyone tired?

I also returned to work full time at 3 weeks for financial reasons. I have a desk job, but a stressful one and work at a fast pace. I think I get by on adrenaline during the week, but come the weekend, I don't have an ounce of energy for housework, etc. The floors have'nt been cleaned nor tub scrubbed in ages and I don't give a darn. If it bothers DH or DD, they can do it!
i'm doing good to keep up with the kitchen, dusting and laundry and grocery shopping.

Jean
TAH/BSO
Unread 07-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Anyone tired?

I'm 6 weeks 2 days and I can see a definite improvement in my energy levels. I went back to work at 4 weeks and the first few days really wiped me out, but this week I've been able to work, walk 2-3 miles on the treadmill when I get home and go to bed about 9 or 10.

Of course, I'm not going "full steam" at most things, but I feel better than I did at week 4 or 5.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register