TVH rectal pressure post op 8 days - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

rectal pressure post op 8 days rectal pressure post op 8 days

Unread 11-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Re: rectal pressure post op 8 days

I had it quite a bit and it's stl there. Seems worse if I stand too long (past 20 minutes) or walk around the house. Doc said he had no explanation for it. I am beginning to think my doc
Is clueless about most things. No rectal bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2011, 10:20 PM

I just started getting this rectal pressure today, 4 days post op. It is quite sharp and I just sit on the pot until something (either air or poop) comes out and relieves it.
Unread 11-21-2011, 11:20 AM

@ ekogurl

I had that pressure and we had different types of surgery. I know exactly what you are describing.

I also had very painful BM's for about 4 weeks. I wasn't constipated and didn't have trouble going, it just felt like I was pooping needles/sharp nails through my colon/rectum.

I asked my doc about it and she didn't have an explanation. She just said, "well things did get pushed/moved around a bit" so I could get your uterus out. It could just be swelling/bruising from that.

Hope you feel better soon.

If it gets worse, please call your doctor, to be on the safe side.

Oh, don't strain to pass gas or to poop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariposita View Post
What causes the stabbing pain? I described it as someone shoving a knife up my vagina and turning it. The nurse was startled by that description.
I had this pain, and it was from my cervix. Did you keep your cervix? Mine was from the stitch at the top of my cervix where my uterus was removed. The pain is gone now, but boy did it hurt for a few days.
Unread 11-21-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkjamie View Post
I had this pain, and it was from my cervix. Did you keep your cervix? Mine was from the stitch at the top of my cervix where my uterus was removed. The pain is gone now, but boy did it hurt for a few days.
No, he removed my cervix and there is a vaginal cuff. Maybe that's why I get the bikini like area from left to right pain, and rectal pressure? I haven't found an answer yet Now getting that pressure in the rectal area once more, and maybe it's because I walked too much yesterday.
Unread 11-21-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariposita View Post
No, he removed my cervix and there is a vaginal cuff. Maybe that's why I get the bikini like area from left to right pain, and rectal pressure? I haven't found an answer yet Now getting that pressure in the rectal area once more, and maybe it's because I walked too much yesterday.
I didn't keep my cervix either and have the same pain. I either lay flat on the couch or go sit on the toilet and usually some gas or stool does come out. I too, walked more than any other day yesterday. Maybe we are just doing too much?!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register