TAH 4 days ago | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH 4 days ago TAH 4 days ago

Unread 01-15-2013, 07:48 AM
TAH 4 days ago

Had TAH on Friday. Went home Sunday. Feeling full and bloated. Indigestion pain starts up very high in stomach taking colace and tums. Passing gas but no bowel movement yet. Still scuffling around house. Is all this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Re: TAH 4 days ago

All normal, give it time!!! I am 8 days post op and still dealing with the gas!! Hang in there!! Shuffling is normal
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:03 AM

4 weeks gas is better but still there! Upgraded from shuffle to waddle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2013, 08:21 AM

Hi,

I agree that sounds normal. I had been given a suppository in the hospital along with other things to ease gas so my bowels were moving right away. But it still took a good 2 weeks for them to feel fully normal.

I walked hunched over for a while too. By Day 5, I started walking for exercise and used a binder only when doing that type of walk. It helped to give me more stability so my posture improved.

After a few weeks, I didn't need it anymore. Everything is normal now.

I will say that walking truly helps to get the digestive system moving. You're early out after surgery, so don't push yourself at this point - recovery is most important. But keep it in mind as you start to feel better.
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:42 AM
TAH 4 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybellybeans View Post
All normal, give it time!!! I am 8 days post op and still dealing with the gas!! Hang in there!! Shuffling is normal
Thanks....its so good to know your not alone. I'll try and be patient.good luck to your recovery
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:43 AM
TAH 4 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy77 View Post
4 weeks gas is better but still there! Upgraded from shuffle to waddle!
Geez! This gas does like to linger. Thanks and good luck to you
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:45 AM
TAH 4 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIGal1266 View Post
Hi,

I agree that sounds normal. I had been given a suppository in the hospital along with other things to ease gas so my bowels were moving right away. But it still took a good 2 weeks for them to feel fully normal.

I walked hunched over for a while too. By Day 5, I started walking for exercise and used a binder only when doing that type of walk. It helped to give me more stability so my posture improved.

After a few weeks, I didn't need it anymore. Everything is normal now.

I will say that walking truly helps to get the digestive system moving. You're early out after surgery, so don't push yourself at this point - recovery is most important. But keep it in mind as you start to feel better.
Thanks. I'm kinda impatient. I hope my gas subsides soon. That's causing the most problems
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:46 PM
TAH 4 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfannj View Post
Thanks. I'm kinda impatient. I hope my gas subsides soon. That's causing the most problems
The gas is the absolute worst....I am almost 5 weeks post op from a TAH and I didn't start to feel good until about three weeks post op and its been up and down since then...you really need to listen to your body and rest when you are sore or tired. I wish you well with your healing, lots of ((((hugs))))
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM
TAH 4 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyday View Post
The gas is the absolute worst....I am almost 5 weeks post op from a TAH and I didn't start to feel good until about three weeks post op and its been up and down since then...you really need to listen to your body and rest when you are sore or tired. I wish you well with your healing, lots of ((((hugs))))
Thanks for the encouraging words. Just gonna hang in there. Getting staples out Friday. Thanks so much. Good luck on recovery
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:59 PM

I needed almost 2 weeks in recovery before I could lay flat. The first night I could sleep in bed was SUCH a joy! Vote with the others: go with your bidy and it's timing on each part of the process.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register