Question for the 3 wkers and those who remember | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question for the 3 wkers and those who remember Question for the 3 wkers and those who remember

Unread 06-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Question for the 3 wkers and those who remember

My husband and I have a cottage on Misquamicut Beach in Rhode Island. Every year we go up on July 2-12th to meet with our lovely neighbors for a 4th of july week long party.

My question is will I be ok to go? I havent mentioned it to my dr yet because my dh insists this is not important and the cottage can wait, but my 2 kids look so forward to it every year and we all do have a wonderful and relaxing time.

I wont have to do much, I have everything there just as I do here, just MUCH better scenery (the beach is out my bedroom window.)

Is it something I should start trying to convince my dh into allowing us to do? We had it planned until all my problems started. My TAH wasnt supposed to be until Sept when both my kids were in school full time (my son is in kindergaten part time)

Hmmmmm I think it just may make my recovery better

BUT of course Im not going to risk my healthy recovery over it so what do you think?

Thanks
Danni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Hi

I hope this helps i am not sure what type of surgery you had or are having, I had exploratory lap, with vaginal hys. on 05-05-05. Over Memorial day weekend we went camping for a change of scenery, My DH, DS, and DD wouldnot let me do a thing, it was such a relaxing trip. It did me a world of good, We have a camper so it ws just like being at home but in the woods. I felt so much better and that was at my 3 week mark. I to had to talk DH into still going. I would not take no for an answer since it was going to be the only time we could go camping this summer due to a move. I am glad we went. but check with your doctor first.
tina
Unread 06-15-2005, 06:33 PM

Im sorry I had a TAH BSO on 6/9/05. My husband is such a darn worry wart!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2005, 06:41 PM
wlecome

first of all welcoem to my home state,lol...i would say you will be fine,just dont do anything,,,just relax and enjoy ,ur rest and relaxation,lol. hopefully you will have a nice beach week,,,,yesterday we were at a high of 98 and today we were at a high of 53 go figure only in new england,lol....
Unread 06-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Re: wlecome

Quote:
Originally posted by rhodygurl7015
first of all welcoem to my home state,lol...i would say you will be fine,just dont do anything,,,just relax and enjoy ,ur rest and relaxation,lol. hopefully you will have a nice beach week,,,,yesterday we were at a high of 98 and today we were at a high of 53 go figure only in new england,lol....
Well Im right here in CT so not to far. We bought our property at the perfect time because a house just down the road sold for over a million dollars and I can asure you we didnt even spend a smidget of that on ours. Im right on Atlantic Ave. a few houses down from Paddy's. .We rent out for much of the season but spend a lot of time there cleaning before each tenant.
Unread 06-15-2005, 07:43 PM

How are you feeling overall? I know at three weeks I felt fine if I rested frequently and avoided being on my feet for long periods of time. My biggest problem then was achiness, swelly belly and tiring easily. Riding in the car for a long time was difficult, too, but take a heating pad along...it helps.

If you do decide to go, keep things simple. I think I would feel compelled to be a good hostess, but this year you will have to be a Good Princess instead! Do your neighbors know that you have had major surgery recently? Will your DH handle the meal and entertainment chores so that you can continue to rest and do as much as you feel comfortable doing?

You probably should run this one by your doctor, especially since you are going over the holiday weekend. That way he/she can tell you if he/she will be on call if you need him/her.

I know you are looking forward to keeping your traditions, but be realistic about your own needs and limitations. That will make it more enjoyable for everyone.

Have a great time, wherever you spend the holiday!

Maggiemay
Unread 06-15-2005, 07:52 PM

Danni,

The key is to relax. My goodness, I would much rather be laying in a lounge chair at the shore than in my recliner. Just don't over-do...make sure everyone is aware that you are limited. Don't carry things in to the house or out to the beach. Your family will just have to pamper you, whether they like it or not.
Personally, I would want to do more if I stayed home...this might force you to take it easy more.
My brother is flying me from Florida to Washington, DC the week before 4th of July because he doesn't want me to start working around the house as I get to feeling better. He knows what a work-aholic I am. I may do a little walking while I am there, but we are going to take a cab for any distances. Basically, I am going to do some reading and enjoy the company of my brother.
Long story short, GO FOR IT!
Unread 06-15-2005, 07:53 PM

Danni, I'm with rhodygurl, as long as you can be certain that you won't be expected to entertain, i think it's a great idea. Just remember: no water submersion at all; you don't want to get an infection.
I'm 18 weeks today and I must say, that I am starting to forget post op 'milestones'. Everything was fairly textbook and uneventful...Thank God! The only thing I think I was still doing up to the three week mark was walking bent over. The pulling/healing felt wierd and I had to keep reminding myself to straighten up! Have a great Holiday weekend!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register