unsympethetic people | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

unsympethetic people unsympethetic people

Unread 09-29-2004, 05:12 PM
unsympethetic people

Unsympethetic people really get on my nerves. Don't get me wrong I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me. However, I had desided to take the week before my surgery and rest. I even considered getting away from the kids the weekend before and going to stay with my sister just for some me time before hand. Forgetting of course that that was the weekend of my dh sisters wedding (oh yeee) We don't even really get along. She doesn't even get along with my dh. My husband always jokes that there is only one peron in the world who likes her less and it is him. Which I find saddening because I adore both of my little sisters. Which are 19 and 13. His sister is 21. Well she never ever has anything to do with us or the children but even thou it is only 4 days before the surgery and I wanted to avoid alot of public interaction with flu season aproaching we are going. We she informed me that my children were going to be part of the wedding so I needed to bring them to reharsal the night before. She didn't ask me it was more like a matter of fact type thing. Was not happy in least bit about it. She said all of her nieces and nephews would be in it and she didn't want my children to feel left out. It isn't that she wants them in it she just doesn't want to look like she excluded them. How nice. Well my husband said if we go our 6 yr old daughter will see the other children and feel left out so I agreed to let her be in it however not my 3 yr old son. He is rude (as most 3yr old doys are) and very active and will not stand in one place. They want them all to stand at the end of the isles and toss peddles and theres this whole thing she wants them to do I don't understand it but not my wedding. So needless to say I am not having my son running wild all over the place and giving her a reason to hate me even more. Well I have decide dh can take daughter to rehearsal and I can rest. And together we desided not to stay at reseption very long. Well this is just unexceptable its a family affair and all family should attend. How hard is it to understand that I don't want to spend and entire afternoon chasing the children around a reception hall or the even before doing the same thing. I love my children but they are very active. She doesn't enclude us in family dinners or parties. She just wants all her friends and everyone else to think we are one big happy family. When at my wedding she wore this god aweful black dress and pouted that I was taking her brother away the whole time. She started having a fit in the reception hall as we cut the cake because my sister the maid of honor made the toast and she talked about how happy everyone was to be includes in our special day, she stated she wasn't happy and my mother asked her to walk outside if she felt that way. So I feel no need to bow down to her every little whim so my daughter will be in not because she wants her in it but because I don't want to hurt her feelings. If it wasn't for that neither one of them would be in it. Hell if it was up to me I would just not go but even thought I feel this way she is my husbands sister and she was at my wedding. I bought a nice champain and two glasses and that is her wedding gift under 25 dollars. Cheap I know but more than she gave us and with surgery coming along with the time off of work we need to pinch pennies. Christmas is already going to be tight around here since my hubby has to take the week after off. I am buying for my kids, nieces and nephews and my sisters. And the parents are getting a framed family portrait mine and his parents. And thats going to be it. I spend $10 on each neice and nephew. About the same on my sisters. And I have a very dear freind that is a photographer doing the portraits. And everyone will just have to be happy with what they get and glad they got it. Unlike hubbies sibblings we aren't made of money. We have to sqeeze every penny of every dollar that we can. Well I am rambling so now that I have ranted a little I feel better. But still upset about the upcoming wedding. My sister said let hubby take the kids ditch it and come spend the weekend laying on the beach with her. I told her if only it were that simple. But with inlaws it never is. His mom is the only one that likes me and I think she just tolerates me. Hell his father didn't even show up at our wedding. But his loss not mine right. We are happy together and thats what matters. thanks for letting me rant this has been on my mind a lot lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2004, 06:38 PM
unsympethetic people

Oh, Belle, I know where you are coming from!!! I have cousins that act as if they are soooo much better than me and my family. We ladies of the family was invited to the home of the cousin that lives at the country club for dinner. Once there, they ignored me, and when they did speak, they were very snobbish. All this happened of course, after their mother and my mother left to return home. Sure, it hurts; family is supposed to be the most important thing you have, and mind will literally not acknowledge me in public. I am not a slob. I wear decent clothing, and do not run around in public looking like I've just washed the dog, and mowed the grass. I have done nothing to these cousins (5 of them) that would cause them to not speak to me. Other than the fact that they know that I know exactly where they came from. They act "uptown" to those who don't know that they had to rely on the charities of the rest of the family to have food on the table. But, you know, I feel that it is their loss. While they gush their sickening Southern Belle adoration to each other over trivial, fleeting accomplishments and purchases, I shall enjoy my sunrises and sunsets. I shall not insist my daughter play piano and soccer and be on the swim team. Life will go on without them. There is a strong rumor that the country club cousin is planning another "girls dinner". I shall not go. As I told my mother, if they cannot speak to me in public, I shall not put my feet on her private property. Just hang in there, and feel sorry for that shallow sister in law of yours. She is really a pitiful specimen of a human being.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register