Pain when going pee pee - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain when going pee pee Pain when going pee pee

Unread 01-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Pain when going pee pee

Me too...pretty much hurts when I have to go, then it takes a minute to get started and then afterwards it's OK. It may be just the bladder is in "shock" from surgery from being manipulated around and it could be from the catheter as well. If you've got a fever or if it REALLY hurts and stings when you go, that's the time you call the doctor.

Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Pain when going pee pee

crazyrabbitlady, you just described my experiences in the potty to a T. I just figured it was because the doc was in there moving things around and poking and prodding. So I'm just grinning and bearing it for now.
Unread 01-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Pain when going pee pee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkhill
OK I just want some other opinion before I call the DR. I did not have anything done to my bladder but now when it gets ful I know I have to go because it hurts then I go no problem but the last 4-5 seconds it hurts like heck is this normal or should a call to the DR in order
This happened to me until about my 9th week of recovery. My Dr. tested my urine just to make sure there was no infection and there never was .. it just suddenly went away.
Unread 01-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Pain when going pee pee

Tomorrow will be 14 days for me and I am still having the pain when I pee. My Dr. also said it was normal. Told me to take azo tabs (like for trac infections) hasn't helped tho, but its starting to get better.
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Pain when going pee pee

I've noticed if I get up and make myself pee a little bit every 3 hours or so, my bladder won't have the chance to get full and have those painful spasms. It only happens when my bladder is full. It probably is pulling on the sore tissue, so try and keep your bladder as light as possible. My doc also gave me a rx called Hyoscyamine for bladder spasms that helps some. They taste like small mints and you suck on them & take them every 4 hours or so.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register