Sailing along-then, BAM the nerves hit 2 days pre-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sailing along-then, BAM the nerves hit 2 days pre-op Sailing along-then, BAM the nerves hit 2 days pre-op

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Sailing along-then, BAM the nerves hit 2 days pre-op

I can't believe how I've gone from one extreme to another. I was just sailing along fine, reading these boards, talking with others who've had hysters, not at all nervous. Now, two days pre-op, I woke up this morning with a BAD case of nerves, diarrea, headache, upset stomache, etc. I go for pre-op tests this afternoon, and I hope I can get through them without getting sick on the floor. What's this all of a sudden? I was fine! I remember reading about someone who was so nervous, they had to take something from the doctor to calm them down. At the time, I confidently thought "Not me!" Now I'm wondering if I can get that too. This happen to anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Re: Sailing along-then, BAM the nerves hit 2 days pre-op

I go from feeling absolutely fine and confident to nervous and teary then back to okay a little while later. It is quite the roller coaster right now. I've seen many replies to other posts that waiting is the hardest part. Of course, that's all on the pre-op boards since that is where we are at this time.

So, I'm sending big hugs and good thoughts to you and good wishes for all of us.
Unread 07-08-2009, 08:09 AM

I thought I was the only one feeling this way! I am scheduled for July 14th. I've been fine, almost excited to get this taken care of. So fine, in fact, that the people around me don't even seem worried. Well, now that I'm inside of a week, it's like someone flipped a switch and it's all I can think about..."this time next week I'll be..." It's overwhelming!
I understand this is probably normal, but now that I'm feeling this way, I'm not getting a whole lot of support from those around me (DH), because nothing has changed for them...ugh
All this on top of trying to get my job in order to take so much time off...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:15 AM

I had my surgery a year ago and I remember feeling exactly the same way, it suddenly hits you! Its really going to happen!

All I can say is try and keep busy to take your mind off it, if you are really struggling with your nerves don't be afraid to ask the dr for something to help calm you down, i did and it really helped.

Before you know it you will be waking up in recovery and it will all be over. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by since i had mine.

Hope all goes well,

Adele x
Unread 07-08-2009, 09:33 AM

My surgery is the 14th & I feel the same way!!!! Crazy nervous & then calm. I am training someone to do my job while I am out and when I am not training her, my mind wanders & all I think about is this surgery! At home - WOW - can't even try to stop thinking about it!

endoMEpcos - LOVE the quote from your Mom!!!!!!
I have been suddenly feeling like I need to be more "girly" after this surgery. Can't explain it, I know I will be the same person - just missing some parts that have been messing up my life.
Unread 07-08-2009, 10:32 AM

I've been nervous for a couple weeks now and I can feel it building. I get this lump in my throat when I'm really feeling it and almost think I could get sick but I haven't. Then other times I feel like I'm totally at peace with it all. It's crazy feeling this way and I'm so thankful for this site. My best friend thinks I'm unusual in my worry and I love her but it bugs me. When I talk about what I'm doing to prepare or things I'm worrying about, she says "gosh, I'll sure be glad when this surgery is over". I know part of it is that she doesn't want me to feel this stressed but I also think she just doesn't get it.

My gyn had given me a script for xanax over a year ago but I've rarely need to take any. I took 1/2 of one last Sun. though and it helped immensely. I'm going to ask if I can take one the morning I have to go to the hospital. I'm not sure I'll be able to make my feet move forward otherwise.
Unread 07-08-2009, 11:05 AM

Dear Friends, we all have gone through that! I am 3 weeks post op and before the sx I was fine one day and then going crazy another day. It will be ok and you will get through this and will soon be on the other side. Things are much better on this side!! My prayers are with you!
Anne Shirley
LAVH/BSO
June 12, 2009
Unread 07-08-2009, 12:22 PM

Hi Ladies,
I'm schelduled for tomorrow am. I have to be there at 7am, I was feeling fine until I packed my bag and then I started shaking and feeling sick to my stomach, so I thought I would come back to my little seat here where I have been the most comforted in this whole process and what do I find a whole bunch of us feeling the same way. Well that makes me feel better. I have been fine up to this point , I'm looking forward to tomorrow If I could just sleep till then it would be perfect. HELP...
Unread 07-08-2009, 12:41 PM

Mushelle,
Just know that we are all thinking of you!
I'd write more, but I'm an emotional mess today and am at work...not a good combo
Best of luck tomorrow...make sure to stop back in and let us know how it went when you are feeling up to it!

Heather
Unread 07-08-2009, 12:43 PM

I feel the same way. The waiting is hard and not knowing what will be done scares me. Right now I'm scheduled for a LHS. I can't wait till it over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register