dVH/RALH Short Sharp Pains (Spasms?) at 1 Incision Site and Over Bladder | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Short Sharp Pains (Spasms?) at 1 Incision Site and Over Bladder Short Sharp Pains (Spasms?) at 1 Incision Site and Over Bladder

Unread 11-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Short Sharp Pains (Spasms?) at 1 Incision Site and Over Bladder

Hi -

I had my hysterectomy on 11/03/10 and with the exception of an incision that came apart, haven't had much trouble in my recovery.

Unfortunately, this past Saturday it seems that I overdid it. Well, it doesn't seem like I overdid it, I did. I have had very, very sharp pains at one incision site on my right side, and more very sharp pains that feel like they are over or near my bladder. Any ideas on what to do?

I am taking 600mg ibuprofen, but the pain seems to be tied to movement, but at the same time is completely unpredictable. I do not feel like it is a bladder infection since I have no other symptoms related to a bladder infection and the pains happen most often when I am not going to the bathroom. I am also on a whole bunch of Cipro because of the open incision, which also would make an infection seem unlikely, but certainly not impossible.

I talked with the on-call nurse practitioner for my MD yesterday since it was very painful and I was very worried that something serious had happened. The NP gave me a stern talking-to about overdoing it and said to push a lot of fluids and stay still. Staying still is easier said than done for me, but I am doing my best, I promise. I am following the rest of her instructions.

I have a follow up with my MD tomorrow afternoon, but would appreciate any suggestions in the mean time.

Thanks!!!

FMG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Re: Short Sharp Pains (Spasms?) at 1 Incision Site and Over Bladder

(((oksergmf)))

How are you feeling today? Did your appointment go well?

It can be easy to overdo it, especially once we start feeling either better or bored!

Hopefully you have been able to take it easy and give your body time to heal!

Unread 11-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Re: Short Sharp Pains (Spasms?) at 1 Incision Site and Over Bladder

I suspect you overdid it, I remember those pains. My doctor told me my incision infection set my healing back at least a week, so even though you are in week 2....
I couldn't really move enough to overdo it until week 4 so I guess I was lucky. Having someone tell me about having to have more surgery for adhesions 6 months later did it for me as far as over doing it. As they say you only get one chance to heal from this.

I would check in with your doctor. There could be a secondary infection that is not treated by Cipro.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register