Now I am really worried | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now I am really worried Now I am really worried

Unread 04-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Now I am really worried

I just got back from my ultrasound and they saw a large mass. They wouldnt tell me if it is in the uterine wall or inside the uterus. The doctor told me that my FSH is 47, so I would be post menopausal, and now I have to wait two weeks to see my gyno. I am really scared and have spent most of the day crying. Am I overreacting? I am to see the gyno/surgeon on april 24, when all tests and such will be in. As much trouble as I have had with my periods and such this mass thing is a first. I am 50 and supposedly in meno. Any words of comfort from anyone. I really appreciate this web site, my husband although supportive doesnt know what to say to me, and I havent told my children. Thanks all....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Now I am really worried

Faith51,

I am so sorry that you now have something else to worry about. But I wouldn't get too worried about it until you get the actual results. Technically the technicians that do these ultrasounds aren't allowed to tell you much. This is because they are only techs and do not do the actual readings. So we often end up walking away thinking the worst. I would wait and see what the results are before getting too upset. I will keep you in prayers and hope that this turns out to be nothing to worry about.

Fallflower
Unread 04-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Now I am really worried

Hi Faith51,

Are you overreacting?? Not at all!!

It is scary to hear news like that when you do not have 100% of the info. I agree with Fallflower. Techs can't tell you much which scared me more in pre-op when I had my ultrasound for fibroids.

I might suggest you call your Dr. Monday morning and explain your anxiety with waiting until April 24. Possilby the ultrasound and tests will be ready sooner and it can't hurt to ask to have any cancelled appointment so you could get in earlier than the 24th. Maybe your Dr. could give you some info. over the phone.

Best wishes. You hang in there.

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Now I am really worried

Hi faith, I have had some scary test results in the past. Last fall, my barium xray showed I had a shadow on my esophagus and the lower gi xray could not image my intestines because, as my dr said it was like a big, black hole in there. So, I had to have an endosopy where they stick a tube down your throat with a small camera at the end and I also had to have a ct scan of my abdominal area. The endoscopy showed nothing abnormal, but the ct scan showed that my uterus had grown so big that it was pressing on my bladder and displacing my intestines.

So, I really had no choice but to get a hysterectomy. All the tests and waiting took a couple of months . I tried not to worry, but I think its natural to be scared. After the first xray results came in, my dr called me up personally and told me to come in right away because I needed further tests. I tell you, I was freaked! Fortunately, I am ok, and my worst fears didn't happen.
Try not to get too scared as it may take awhile to figure out what you have and chances are everything will be ok. HUgs!!!
Unread 04-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Now I am really worried

thanks for the support, i think I am going to call my doctor monday morning and see what she says. Maybe I can get in early, she is supposed to be going on vacation, and I think that is why they put it on the 24th. she may not even be in tomorrow. but i am going to try. After living with this news for 24 hours, I am a little better about hte whole thing and did some more research. But i am calling her tomorrow. Thanks again...
Unread 04-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Now I am really worried

I know exactly how you feel. I knew I had fibroids and I've always had heavy, clotting terrible periods. But a few days after a long night with my husband, I was feeling sickly. I thought I had a bladder infection! My doctor said I was very tender and she wanted to do an internal - my uterus felt large - she sent me for a ultrasound - they found a large fibroid tumor. I went to my ob/gyn - he said you need a TAH. I was very upset at first - this was last month. I am only 39. I was so upset, I cried for days. I coulldn't even talk about it to anyone without breaking down. I am scheduled May 26th - the waiting is killing me. I just wish this was over.
Unread 04-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Now I am really worried

To Sam16, I too was on an emotional roller coaster from finding out I needed surgery til the day before it happened. I got a second opinion and that dr. wanted an oncologist to be on stand by (suspected ovarian cancer) so it took 3 & 1\2 weeks to coordinate their schedules. Is there any way you can get your surgery moved up..ask them to call you if there is a cancellation...it is torture when everything seems to be up in the air and then your imagination goes wild preparing for the worse...I don't think our husbands really know how to express their emotions when they are worried; I finally told mine to go talk to a male co-worker of his whose wife had had alot of medical problems and scares and he said that did help him. I too couldn't talk about the upcoming surgery without breaking down, but the more women I asked, the more support I got. No one mentioned being afraid to have surgery though, I thought I was the only one in the world that was that scared. Information is powerful; hope you can get your date changed and on with your life..good luck, bertaa
Unread 04-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Now I am really worried

I had a CT scan earlier this year ordered by my gastro. When she got the results she told me there was a "pelvic mass" and to see my GYN ASAP. Yes, it was scary. No, you are not overreacting! I found out on a Thursday, had an ultrasound on Monday, a second one on Tuesday with the radiologist, and he had the authority to tell me what the mass had been and that it was gone. But it made for long weekend for me. So I do sympathize with your situation--it is so hard to wait, when you fear the worst.

Do try to call your dr's office to see if you can get your results any sooner, maybe with a different dr. Have your results been sent to say your GP as well, who might be able to see you sooner?

in there and let us hope for the best.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register