Gas pains and lower belly pressure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gas pains and lower belly pressure Gas pains and lower belly pressure

Unread 10-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Gas pains and lower belly pressure

Good Afternoon fellow sisters!

I had by robotic hysterectomy on 10/23 - removal of uterus and tubes. Perhaps, it is because I thought I would feel better, but wanted to know if others who are 6 days post op are still dealing with gas pains? I also have some pressure when I have to pee. I have never had a bladder infection so I am not sure what the symptoms are and the same hold true with the pains for the hysterectomy. Is it normal at this point? I am seeing my dr. on 11/4 he wanted to see me 10-12 days post-op. But just want to be sure the gas pains and bladder pressure are just a part of the healing process.

Thanks for any help!
Katie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Re: Gas pains and lower belly pressure

My gas pains did not go away until 9th or 10th day in my shoulders and abdominal and I still have them in my abdominal at almost 2 wks. post-op. I hope their getting better for you!
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:45 AM

I also have had the bladder pressure and pain and still do at 2 wks post op. I have had really bad rectal pressure as well. I am exactly one week ahead of you on surgery but I had LVH with uterus and cervix removed. Good Luck, Im here if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2013, 11:00 AM

I have gas on and off, more after I eat. My surgery was DaVinci on 10/21. The first pee of the day takes forever, but I'm fine the rest of the day. My post op appt is tomorrow and I'm going to ask, but I'm anticipating he'll say it's normal.
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Gas pains and lower belly pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybuggie78 View Post
Good Afternoon fellow sisters!

I had by robotic hysterectomy on 10/23 - removal of uterus and tubes. Perhaps, it is because I thought I would feel better, but wanted to know if others who are 6 days post op are still dealing with gas pains? I also have some pressure when I have to pee. I have never had a bladder infection so I am not sure what the symptoms are and the same hold true with the pains for the hysterectomy. Is it normal at this point? I am seeing my dr. on 11/4 he wanted to see me 10-12 days post-op. But just want to be sure the gas pains and bladder pressure are just a part of the healing process.

Thanks for any help!
Katie
Hi Katie,
I had a robotic hysterecotmy on the 24th and I tok still have bowel discomfort and gas pains. I take gas x occasionally and have increased my water intake. I cut way down on caffeine. And I try to do some walking which helps gets things moving along. Any pain meds can also lead to constipation therefore increasing gas, I don't know if you're taking any still. I am about every 8-12 hrs which is down from 4-6 hours. I also have some bladder pressure when I have to go and don't seem to have the control I had prior to surgery. So I keep on doing those kegals. I hope this helps. Hang in there sister. Hugs.
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:40 AM

I have more gas the more I take the colace. I take the colace because I'm afraid not to. The BM department has been uncomfortable, doesn't hurt, but definitely uncomfortable. I'm wondering how long it lasts. Also peeing feels weird. It's starts ok and at the end I can feel a weird sensation-pressure. I don't think it's an infection. I don't want to complain because it could be way worse, but when will it be normal again? Or maybe I don't know what normal is since my alien baby came out?
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:22 PM

Thanks so much ladies, nice to know I am not the only one still have the gas/bladder pressure issues. I have not taken the pain meds every 4-6 hours since I was in the hospital...more like every 8 hrs. Most of my pain arrives by nightfall anyways so that tends to be when I take my meds. I do not have much of an appetite so eat small amounts instead. I am not trying to complain either, just wanted to make sure it was part of the normal healing process. Must say I need to be more patient with me!!! I am a "go go" kind of person and thankfully my husband is pushy about me resting and not doing too much! Also, another question: the last three days I have been an emotional wreck and snippy, like PMS supersized! I am assuming as a result of the hormones trying to make sense of it all...although do have both ovaries, anyone else dealing with mood swings to the max!? My poor husband!!
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:27 PM

OMG. Yes. I do too!!! I had flu like symptoms every month prior to my period and at the end. Worse at night. And it somewhat feels like it yet different if that makes any sense. And my moods are off the charts!!!! You're not alone there!
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:30 PM

I have noticed my emotions being on a roller coaster. I might be in a really good mood and energized for a few days but then the last three days, if you look at me wrong, I cry. It seems like I've been crying at the drop of a pin. Also extremely tired the last three days. Needless to say...your not alone!!!
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:26 PM

I woke up today feeling much better than the last 3 or 4 days. I went to the dr yesterday for my 2 week post op. I told him about the pain and pressure and he told me that I need to be having a bm regularly. Easier said than done, right? I laughed at him as if he were crazy! Anyway, I told him that I had tried everything and nothing was working. He told me to get Dolcolax supositories. Once again, I basically said no way I was doing that. I went to the pharmacy and found senokot-s. It is a pill that is a stool softener and laxative in one. It helped s lot! I still have the sharp pain in my righ and left side, but the pressure and gas have subsided. It also still feels weird to urinate, but I think that is a healing process. I hope this helps to anyone that is having the same problem.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register