Scheduled TLH Pain in the butt? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain in the butt? Pain in the butt?

Unread 08-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Pain in the butt?

I have sort of a weird situation in that from Aug. 2011-June 2012 I had a mirena in and ths spread my bleeding over 18 days per month and removed all pain. Since it's been out I've rediscovered so much--cramps every day, stabbing right side/groin pain, pressure I can't explain the location of (the back of my vagina?), etc. I have chronic constipation and am on prescription meds for that and have been for years. Well, now I have to run to the bathroom numerous times per day, I think because of the cramps. The other day I was in the store and suddenly had to go and really wasn't sure I wouldn't be having a terriblle "incident". And now it feels like there is pressure/pain in my rectum.

I had no endo as of a year ago. I don't know the expected diagnosis but I do know that I had a boggy uterus with a lot of blood filling and trapped in the endometrium a year ago. I think some of my pain is round ligament but that's just because I read someone's description of it and thought it seemed likely since it totally described my pain in my side.

And while I am sure I have more embarrassing questions my feline thinks that I am 60 seconds late feeding her and need to get moving.

Edit: I said it was weird. What I meant was that these are old problems but they are also new (and worse) after 9 months of break. This is not what I am used to from my body.
Thank you

But this is weird. Please tell me I am not making up random pains....(my greatest fear is that nothing is really wrong. I know it is but I have this thing about medical procedures. Last year I haad the endometrial findings, a polyp removed, cysts removed from both tubes, biopsies of potential endo as well as my bladder and I still needed to hear that I definitely had needed surgery. It's my quirk. Or something. My doctor also points out she doesn't do surgery, especially complicated as mine is by med issues, for no reason but I obsess.

This is all so weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Re: Pain in the butt?

I had adenomyosis. I had chronic tale bone pain and diarrhea along with my cramps. I also had the same pressure in the vaginal back wall that you describe along with an odd pressure in maybe my rectum. All of that went away with my hysterectomy. I still had some of that pelvic floor pressure while I was healing and so thought that the hysterectomy hadn't cured all of my strange pains and twinges, but at 10 weeks post op it all went away completely.
Unread 08-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Re: Pain in the butt?

Thank you. I really hope this goes away. I know that since it's my uterus cramping that more than likely that will improve but I wish I could propel through time and instead of the call I got last year that there was a chance I had kidney cancer and needed more tests pronto (my "cancer" was a CT read incorrectly at the little hospital I should not ever go to years ago and explained why once I had kidney stone pain; I'd passed the thing that wasn't diagnosed because it was read as something more sinister.), that this time the call will say "here's the answer for the last few years". That thought honestly is the only way I'm going to get through one more period. I dread that more than surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register