Count down on | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Count down on Count down on

Unread 02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Count down on

I just got my surgery time 9:30 Monday so now I'm second guessing myself ,I have meals prepared in the freezer and most things ready at home but I'm getting so scared .i know this is normal but I'm thinking maybe I should not be doing this on the other hand I don't want to continue life the way it's been.
I'm not having bowel pre but think I should have lighter meals Sunday what is best ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Re: Count down on

Hi Olderlady!

Your second thoughts and doubts are normal. This is one tough surgery to face. It sounds as if you have your home nearly prepped for your down time. That is good.

That is good that you don't have to do a bowel prep - one less thing to deal with.

They usually issue instructions for your meals the day before surgery. For me (keep in mind that I DID do a bowel prep), I was told to have a light breakfast and lunch, and then to have clear liquid diet after that (i.e., tea, black coffee (no milk products), clear broth, clear juice, water, jello, soda crackers).

in there. This weekend before surgery can be tough. Keep yourself busy, watch favorite DVDs, etc. And get on here and post!

Good luck with your surgery, I am sure all will go well. We will be waiting for you on the other side.

Unread 02-01-2013, 08:43 PM

I did not bowel prep but did try to eat better before going in ... Wholewheat anything, high protein, nothing too fatty or greasy fruit, nothing processed or too salty.. Lots of clear liquids like cranberry or apple juice.. Herbal tea with lemon and honey (and no i am not normally a healthy eater but i really think it helped).
And a stool softener or some stewed prunes
It will soon be over and you'll feel so much better! I know i do

And we were all scared!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2013, 02:13 PM

they just told me don't eat after midnight the night before...no bowel prep had to be done for me....

you'll be fine....once I got there....all that worrying went away for me.
Unread 02-02-2013, 02:24 PM

any form of surgery can be frightening.......dont worry u r in good hands on here. i cant speak for anyone else on here but i know that even i struggle with the "should i be doing this?" try and keep ur mind occupied on other things cos the more time that u have to think about it the more frightened and unsure about things u can get in there everything will work out and be fine in the end

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register