Appreciation gift for my doctor | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Appreciation gift for my doctor Appreciation gift for my doctor

Unread 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Appreciation gift for my doctor

Could you ladies give me a suggestion on what I could give my doctor & her staff for all that they've done for me over the past couple of months? My surgery wasn't the easiest that she's ever performed. I should have only been in surgery for about 3 hrs, but it ended up being 5! I had 3 fibroids, 2 of which the size couldn't be determined until I was in the OR & they turned out to be the size of a baby's head! She really worked hard to not have to cut me, so instead I was able to only have the 4 tiny scars that I was hoping for. Between me calling her staff almost every week to make sure that they sent the proper paper work for my FMLA & my difficult sugery, I really want to send her office something to say thank you. Any suggestions???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Re: Appreciation gift for my doctor

I wanted to do the same. Wasn't sure what to get either.
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:40 PM

i wouldnt know either... i would say give her a 'from the heart' letter or card.... only because they are doctors... and they are able to get everything they want.. i assume...we are not that well off and i couldnt imagine how much i wanted to pass christmas by. only b/c were in a small house and i have to pick and choose what comes in this house... but i would suggest a live plant... at least you dont have to sit there and watch them die and just wait to throw them away... make sure you pick out a wonderful pot that they can set in... plants are always good.. plus they improve the air we live and breath in... i hope ive been helpful....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2013, 01:58 PM

Thanks Butterflie0027! That's a great ideal, a live plant & a handwritten card. Perfect!!!
Unread 01-23-2013, 03:16 PM

Edible arrangements? Cookie bouquet? Or a donation to a charity (breast cancer?) in the name of her office?
Unread 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM

I sent fruit baskets to my doctor, his resident, and the nursing staff. My doctor thanked me a year later when I went back for my pap so it definitely made an impression on him.
Unread 01-23-2013, 07:51 PM

I'm making my Dr and her nurse blankets. One that they can cover up with while watching TV, or at ball games. They are easy to make. I made one for each of my family members this Christmas. I just went to Hancock Fabrics and picked out fabric of something they enjoy. My Grandson got a John Deere Tractor blanket. most everyone else got their sports team. Just a idea. (Hugs from Memphis)
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:02 PM

I was so appreciative but like others feel that the MDs have all they need and would be happy with a heartfelt card. I sent mine right after the 1st of the year after reflection on the highlights of the year. Prior to my surgery I would not have believed that my surgery was a highlight, but it was the brightest highlight!!! The words came easily to show appreciation for her and her staff to getting the "alien" out of my body !!! I felt better by writing the card and sending it. I can never really thank her more!
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:54 PM

I wrote my doctor a heartfelt thank you card. I gave it to her when I went in for my post op appt. I know that we all heal differently, but I believe if it were not for the excellent job that she did on my surgery, my recovery could have been a nightmare.
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:03 PM

you are so welcome! sorry to see your post a little late! take care sister! and your dr. will appreciate you for a long time to come! make it count... thats the goal right?

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register