TAH how long does fatigue last after hysterectomy & BSO? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how long does fatigue last after hysterectomy & BSO? how long does fatigue last after hysterectomy & BSO?

Unread 04-01-2016, 12:35 PM
how long does fatigue last after hysterectomy & BSO?

I had a TAH/BSO in October of last year. For awhile it seemed like my energy had returned to normal until about 3 weeks ago. I have been so tired...wanting naps, not wanting to get up in the morning and not feeling like doing anything. I was just wondering if this could still be because of the surgery or if I need to be more concerned about it and making an appointment with the doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Re: how long does fatigue last?

Good question. I wish I had an answer for you. I'm only 3 days post surgery and I get tired easily. Interested in seeing answers because my mind is still wanting to go 100 miles per hour. I understand my body needs time, but I hope not too much time!
Unread 04-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Re: how long does fatigue last?

I'm 5 months post-op and don't feel any fatigue. I would be concerned. ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2016, 02:29 PM

I was kind of hoping this would be normal. I'm not looking forward to more doctor's appointments. I just feel so run down.
Unread 04-02-2016, 07:08 AM
Re: how long does fatigue last after hysterectomy & BSO?

I am four months out and get bouts of fatigue. I was told not to expect everything back to normal for a full year. I am going to a midlife center, which deals with everything menopausal. I am going to look into HRT. I do find that high quality vitamins, and probiotics really help. My fatigue tends to be cyclical and the week before I would get my period, I could sleep all afternoon, then I have good days and bad days from there. It usually hits around 3-4 in the afternoon, and I try and respect the signals and rest as needed. Everybody is going to heal, and adjust to hormonal changes at their own pace. Doesn't hurt though to make sure nothing else is going on.
Unread 04-02-2016, 09:41 AM

Thank you winggret! I'll be calling my doctor and making an appointment.
Unread 08-19-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFuqua View Post
Thank you winggret! I'll be calling my doctor and making an appointment.
Hi, I'm curious to know what you found out? I'm six months post TAH BSO. I feel really good most days. I keep going on and on until all at once I have a couple days of extreme fatigue and tiredness. This seems to be every few weeks. I rest and listen to my body and then I feel better again. I've read it can take a year for all healing internally. I hope you are feeling better.
Unread 08-20-2016, 02:35 AM
Re: how long does fatigue last after hysterectomy & BSO?

I would suggest full labs & have the thyroid checked (3 tests) & hormones.. Fatigue is part of healing. It is also hormonal related. Post op, the blood supply is severed to the ovaries so theres a reduced function. That means reduced estrogen also. So during that time, menopause symptoms may be present. Fatigue us a symptom of reduced estrogen/menopause..

If you are OK w soy, then try it, see if it works for you. I have soy milk AM & edemame in the afternoon. I have omega fatty acids for joint pain. Your Dr can also provide further suggestions.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register