My biggest fear is having the hysterectomy and not feeling better | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My biggest fear is having the hysterectomy and not feeling better My biggest fear is having the hysterectomy and not feeling better

Unread 05-11-2016, 04:57 PM
My biggest fear is having the hysterectomy and not feeling better

Dear Sisters
I finally have a surgery date but I am very confused and stressed out. I have seen primary care physician and 2 ob/gyns. All agree that i should have a hysterectomy but are conflicted about other things. It has left me very confused. I have fibroids and heavy bleeding. I have been pretty miserable for over a year. I have a lot of lower back pain, bloating, my stomach is growing but I have lost weight. Im extremely fatigued. I have been trying to find out what is going on with me for months and felt like I wasnt being taken seriously. Then after an ultrasound and biopsy I was diagnosed. First gyn said i need an abdominal hysterectomy and that i will feel much better afterwards. My primary physician agreed with that. The second gyn wants to do a laparoscopic hysterectomy. Im happy about shorter recovery time and the less invasive procedure. But he says hes not positive that I will feel better afterwards. I don't know what to think. I dont feel like my husband or friends understand my fear and apprehension. My biggest fear is having the hysterectomy and not feeling better. My quality of life sucks right now. I barely leave the house because I feel horrible most of the time. Any advice anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2016, 08:17 AM
Re: I need your help: Abdominal or laprascopic?

If you are undecided, keep doing research and asking questions until you feel like you have more information to make a decision. There's many women here who have been in this same boat, so you are not alone!
Unread 05-13-2016, 06:53 AM
Re: My biggest fear is having the hysterectomy and not feeling better

I worry about that too. I am scheduled for tlh in 5/25 and wonder to myself, what happens if it doesn't help. I am trying not to be negative and suppose I would have to deal with anything at the time it comes. Hang in there, you have sisters who are feeling the same xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablated View Post
I worry about that too. I am scheduled for tlh in 5/25 and wonder to myself, what happens if it doesn't help. I am trying not to be negative and suppose I would have to deal with anything at the time it comes. Hang in there, you have sisters who are feeling the same xoxo
It is so comforting to talk to someone that understands what im going through. What kind of symptoms are you having?
Unread 05-13-2016, 07:55 AM

Oh I am a mess right now. What brought me to the gyn this time last sept was bleeding 2 years after a uteran ablation. I would bleed monthly, then was having a problem urination, with bowel movements, severe back pain, leg/thigh pain, swelling etc. I have done two 3 month Lupron injections. The first was not so bad minus headache and nausea after the injection for about a week. Second time around: ht flashes, moody, weight gain, sleep issues I am starting to get crampy and have super bad back pain again. I seriously hope this all helps to some extent. ( and Lupron gets out of system soon!!)
Unread 05-13-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Oh I am a mess right now. What brought me to the gyn this time last sept was bleeding 2 years after a uteran ablation. I would bleed monthly, then was having a problem urination, with bowel movements, severe back pain, leg/thigh pain, swelling etc. I have done two 3 month Lupron injections. The first was not so bad minus headache and nausea after the injection for about a week. Second time around: ht flashes, moody, weight gain, sleep issues I am starting to get crampy and have super bad back pain again. I seriously hope this all helps to some extent. ( and Lupron gets out of system soon!!)
Wow! Sounds like you've been through a lot. I wasnt familiar with Lupron so I googled it. Doesnt sound pleasant at all. Im finding that the cure can be worse than the problem. I was seen because of my extremely heavy periods that were making me anemic. Then the doctor thought i had uterine cancer but thankfully I dont. After ultrasound and biopsy and weeks of torture waiting for test results i found out that i have fibroids and an enlarged uterus. My stomach has been growing for months even though i have lost weight. My back pain steadily gets worse. I swell sometimes. I feel so badthat i rarely go anywhere. When i do push myself i end up coming home a sweaty and in extreme pain. Its my sons birthday so im forcing myself to go shopping today.
Unread 05-13-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserableme View Post
Wow! Sounds like you've been through a lot. I wasnt familiar with Lupron so I googled it. Doesnt sound pleasant at all. Im finding that the cure can be worse than the problem. I was seen because of my extremely heavy periods that were making me anemic. Then the doctor thought i had uterine cancer but thankfully I dont. After ultrasound and biopsy and weeks of torture waiting for test results i found out that i have fibroids and an enlarged uterus. My stomach has been growing for months even though i have lost weight. My back pain steadily gets worse. I swell sometimes. I feel so badthat i rarely go anywhere. When i do push myself i end up coming home a sweaty and in extreme pain. Its my sons birthday so im forcing myself to go shopping today.
Awwe, hang in there. It is tough
Unread 05-13-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Awwe, hang in there. It is tough
Thanks you too. Im going to try to put "sick mom" away for the weekend and give him a great birthday. I appreciate the words of encouragement.
Unread 05-13-2016, 12:57 PM
Re: My biggest fear is having the hysterectomy and not feeling better

Its amazing how much we all fell the same pain and emotions. I was wondering the same thing, will I actually feel better after this surgery. I'm tire of being tired, bleeding and being in pain.
I went to my pre-op appointment this morning and was told I don't really have a choice, I will be getting the abdominal incision and not the LAVH-BS because my fibroids have grown and as a result my uterus is too big to come out through the vagina....UGH!!!

Hang in there ladies we can get through this...!
Unread 05-13-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Maria View Post
Its amazing how much we all fell the same pain and emotions. I was wondering the same thing, will I actually feel better after this surgery. I'm tire of being tired, bleeding and being in pain.
I went to my pre-op appointment this morning and was told I don't really have a choice, I will be getting the abdominal incision and not the LAVH-BS because my fibroids have grown and as a result my uterus is too big to come out through the vagina....UGH!!!

Hang in there ladies we can get through this...!
Im sorry that you need to have an abdominal hysterectomy. Ive heard the recovery is longer. Im concerned that the same thing will happen to me. The first gynecologist told me i needed to have an abdominal because my uterus is too large and the second told me laparoscopic. Who do I believe? Im worried that once he starts hes going to realize I need an abdominal. Im sorry that you are going through the same turmoil as I am but its nice to talk to someone that understands what I'm going through.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register