hysterectomy and oopherectomy in Oct | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy and oopherectomy in Oct hysterectomy and oopherectomy in Oct

Unread 07-17-2007, 04:06 AM
hysterectomy and oopherectomy in Oct

Hi all i am 34 years old from the UK and my op is going to be in October.
I suffer from severe endo, addesions and severe hormone/PMS issues.
I have suffered for many years, had 4 laparoscopies to remove ovarian cysts, treatment to remove endo, cervix treatment, I even had to have my gall bladder removed as the endo was found there and caused problems. i had mirena coil fitted which reduced bleeding but had no other advantages. I have had Zoladex treatment over a 6 month course twice...my gyne suggested the op and I was all for it because I am so sick of living with pain.
Everyday I have pain. I have put on about 45lbs over the last 3 years and am on prozac for the depression that I believe is all associated.

I have quite a few questions and I hope that I have put them in the correct forum and that you can help me as I have many worries. My gyne can help to a certain degree but I'd love to hear from personal experience.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has had their ovaries removed. particularly from ladies under 40 years and who has had them removed for similar reasons to myself.

Will having the ovaries removed change my sex life in the physical sense, will my orgasms change in intensity? Will they feel different?

Will I still get PMS without ovaries?
I will be starting on HRT as soon as I have had the op.

Does anyone know why my gyne definatly wants to take the ovaries??

I'm young and have only been married for a year and a half..i don't want to become a stranger to sex. It's hard enough as it is as it hurts so often

one more question. Has anyone with probs similar to mine had quite bad pain in the area of the ovaries actually during orgasm? This only started about 6 months ago..and I'm quite worried about that.

iam so sorry for such a long post but I'm quite scared!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 08:05 AM
hysterectomy and oopherectomy in Oct

Bettyboop1972,

you have been through alot.

Being scared is part of coming to terms to have a hysterectomy.

The bad news about having a hysterectomy for endo is that it isn't a guarantee that your endo won't come back.

Most doctors that remove ovaries for ladies with endo it is because they are trying to make sure you don't produce the estrogen which causes the endo to grow.

Taking hrt can also cause endo to grow as well. But there are ladies that do quite well on estrogen.

I had my ovaries removed last year when I had my tah/bso.

For me my orgams etc are better than before because I don't have the pain that I did before my hyster. It is different, but better.

I haven't had any pms.

My doctor gave me a patch after surgery, but all doctors are different. Some doctors believe you should wait to start estrogen so the remaining endo dies off. It is something you should ask your doctor prior to surgery so you can prepare.

Personally I didn't do well on estrogen. I tried the patch and pills. But, I did find what worked best for me and I have been using it for a year now.

Feel free to ask questions here we are here 24/7.

there is a forum for endo

Endo Forum

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register