Scheduled TLH Just got my date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just got my date Just got my date

Unread 06-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Just got my date

Well, last week I met with my surgeon and we sent the request to the surgical coordinator for my hysterectomy. Ad I sat and waited for the call. Well, Friday "the uterus" as I will refer to it because we are not in speaking terms, decided to start acting up, and all weekend long I was bleeding and passing huge clots again, not even two weeks out from my D&C...ugh. I finally called the dr office on Monday and they wanted to see me again, as after the D&C I ended up needing a transfusion so. They wanted to make sure my levels were ok. While waiting for my appointment yesterday afternoon I got the call that my surgery was scheduled for August 27th, I'm thinking to myself that at this rate I don't think I will make it that far out. I saw the doctor yesterday afternoon and one of the first words out of her mouth were "you cannot wait until the end of August for this surgery, it needs to happen much sooner". So, she worked her magic and I go the call this morning that it has now been moved up to July 9th...yikes...that is only 2 weeks away!! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I cannot wait for it to get here.

Good Luck to all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Re: Just got my date

Hi Bluenoser0304 -

I am so glad that you have your date - and that it is sooner rather that later. It will be here before you know it.

I know once you have your date, your surgery becomes very real, and sometimes your anxiety level and emotional can really increase. You are not alone.

Unread 06-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Re: Just got my date

Two weeks is good...enough time to get ready but not enough to stress out too much. My advice is to make lists of what has to get done and don't stress about the rest. Everything will work out. Best wishes to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register